Chapter 52

It was three am in the morning when her phone rang. She grabbed it and murmured a drowsy Hello.

"Kristine... so you could really sleep even when were not okay...."

"Christian??" she said with a start.

"Ofcourse it was me!," he said flatly. "Why were you expecting someone else???." He demanded.

Kristine smiled from the receiver. Ofcourse she had a hard time sleeping since they were not okay. She kept looking at her phone if there's a message or if he will call. She had barely slept.

"Hey. Who told me to call it quits??," she breathed into the phone.

"I didn't mean that. I can't do that." He muttered.

The way they talked, as if they were really saving up some precious relationship status here and not just some fucking buddies agreement.

"Kristine, you still there?? I'm leaving for a two week European seminar and business merger. I don't want to leave with us having a fight like these."

"I.. don't know what to say..."

"Say, do you still want us to continue. I mean are we still good??,"he asked hurriedly.

"Christian. Take a rest. Enjoy Europe. Then we'll talk when you get back."

"Hey babe are you still angry at me??"

"Ofcourse not. I will never be."

"Do you still want me??"

"Ofcourse yes."

"Then you better be ready when I come back then."

"Okay. Take care of yourself. Where are you anyway??" she yawned.

"I'm at the airport. I'm leaving today. I'll call you when I get there."

"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't know youre leaving today.." she stopped for a moment, collected herself.

"Hey. Kris. You there?? Missing me already??" he teased.

"Ofcourse I'm not. I can survive without even a call from you."

"I wouldn't." he answered back.

"Don't tease me like that Chris. I might....."

"Might fall for me?? Handsome Christian???"

"I wouldn't fall for someone obnoxious."

"That's the spirit!! I told you were compatible."

A long silence.

"I really need to say something very, very important. Kris, please wait for me. I'll tell you when I returned okay."

Kristine took a deep breath.

"Hey listen Chris. I have something important to tell you too. Let's talk when you get back."

"Okay. Plane's here. Take care of yourself babe. I want you."

She could hear the hummed of the planes engine.

"I want you too Chris." I love you. Then they hanged up at the same time.