Chapter 27

Kris went out of the taxi cab and her jaw dropped. The Rock Bar was jammed pack with people. Truthfully, she had completely forgotten about the BEATS concert tonight. She had been busy with work lately not to mention her boss overworking her always too much. Expecting her to render overtime all week. They had a big project coming up. A couple of high rise and high end condominiums that would be up and available for the market by end of January had been targeting by their boss as their client for interior design and he had her produced a number of presentations. From simple and minimalistic to extravagant and rich. It's Friday, she deserved the break from work and tomorrow was a week-end. Thank God, no work day. She could sleep all day tomorrow.

She sighed and checked her watch. 8pm. She went and fall into the long line of people waiting for their turn to go inside at the entrance door. She had been patiently waiting for her turn which wouldn't be happening in another 30 minutes or so since the line seemed to be endless and unmoving. BEATS sure got a lot of fans already, Kris thought. Then all of a sudden the crowd cheered. When she looked up she saw SAGE coming out of his car with his guitar on hand and walking towards the entrance. She instinctively bowed down her head and hoped that he hadn't seen her in line. But too late he had seen her already and started moving towards her.

"Kris. What are you doing here falling in line? Haven't you gotten the compli tickets that I have sent you?" he asked deeply. All the other people near Kris in the line went to gape at her. It's like she instantly achieved a celebrity status mark since Sage aka the vocalist went to speak with her. Very typical of Sage to use the front door and not the stage door at the back.

Kris looked at him warily. " Ah yeah I got it. But I prefer to fall in line," Kris argued.

Sage grabbed her arms then and pulled her inside, dragging her. She got a short glimpse of the annoyed looks of women at the line. Fans, she thought grimly. She had experienced something bad about them. On the one instance that she used her "VIP" ticket just to avoid the hassle of falling in long queue lines, all she got was the nasty looks from her same gender. They really look mean and was ready to pounce on her anyway, if she hadn't muttered and lied that she was Trey's cousin or something. But the moment someone overheard what she had muttered all of them went immediately at her, meaness forgotten, thrusting their armful of fan mails and asking her to give it to whoever they fancy in the band.

Michelle waved at them when she saw her entered with Sage. She was sitting comfortably at the band's table beside Blake. Michelle and Blake started dating together just last year. Well, Kristine was happy for her friend but she couldn't help feeling envious when she see them going lovey dovey. She hadn't pictured out that Blake was the type to do a Public Display of affection for his girl though.

Trey and Emmett nodded at her presence when she sat down. Alex was busy making out with his current girl of the month. Well out of all of them, Alex was the Playboy. Trey and Emmet resumed what they were talking about. Sage on the other hand held her hand again, feeling too close but she doesn't want to hurt Sage's feelings so she didn't bothered to shook his hand off. And Sage was Chris's......

"Kris, come on. Let's go for a cup of coffee after the gig tonight." Sage was murmuring in her ear. Kris was about to turn down the invitation but her ears had catch up the conversation that Trey and Emmet were talking about.

"So how was he in America?? Does he now prefer to work in the office?? Dude I miss him. How many girlfriends had he got there??" Emmett was asking Trey.

Kris stilled. Eventhough they haven't mentioned any name for sure, they were talking about Christian right??

I missed him too. Like hell. Kris thought.