Chapter 33

"Hey! I think that's more than enough," Leo said getting Kris glass out of her hands. She had been drinking like some mad drunk from the moment they had sat down at the bar.

"No. Let me. I am still sane!" Kris said slurring her words.

Sam and Iris just shook their heads.

They were on a chic bar, a twenty minute drive from their office.

The place wasn't that crowded since it's a weekday night. Seldom do people hangout on a Monday night. Some guy was singing an acoustic song on the stage. Iris and her boyfriend stood up to dance.

"Why don't we dance too??" Leo asked her. She didn't see any harm with her dancing with him so she nodded. They stood awkwardly at the dance floor for a couple of minutes before Leo got the courage to put his hands at her waist. Kris rested her head on his chest. She could smell his masculine scent. It's so different from Christian's. Christian's scent was heady. Addictive. Sensual. God. What was she thinking!! She should have just agreed to go at Chris's apartment if she's just going to think about him the whole damn night.

"Leo tell me what is it about men that all they could ever think about was just sex??" she asked all of a sudden.

Leo suddenly felt embarrassed. "Kris don't judge us all as one entity okay. All men are different." He said quietly.

"But most of the men do think just about sex right?? From the moment they knew how to fuck." Kris said bitterly.

"Kris, do you have a problem you want to share with me??," Leo asked concernly stopping for a moment to look at her eyes. She looked away, afraid he would guess who was involved. "I thought you don't have a boyfriend."

"I don't." she said shortly ending their conversation. They were about to go back when someone had mistakenly stepped on her shoes. A woman with deadly heels.

Kris cursed loudly. And when she looked up, she saw Jane, Christian's secretary together with none other than her boss.

"Good evening Sir. We were just having a night recap," Leo greeted Chris formally. Christian just nodded and his eyes went down to where his hands was which was still placed, comfortably at Kristine's waist. A muscle twitch. So she doesn't want to spend the night with me and choose this guy over me, he thought.

"No problem with that as long as you remember what I said about late comers," he half joked. Jane and Leo chuckled while Kristine just stood there clearly uncomfortable. It had been pure luck that he had gone to this bar. He had seen Kris leave with her friends right after they talked. What the hell had he been thinking offering Kris that almost indecent proposal. He tighten his hands at Jane's waist on impulse and went to see Kris reaction. Christsake!! Why does he need to make Kris jealous??! He could have any girl he wants. Kris was just getting coy. He could feel she wants him too. Badly. Hadn't he had proven that already?? He just needs to push the right button to have her. He really, really wanted her so badly, it's like a drug he needed for medication. He'll go insane if he cant have her.

Chris saw Kristine swayed but thankfully and regretfully there were hands that supported her and it wasn't his.

"I think I'll need to get my date settled down Sir," Leo said politely excusing them both.

Kris didn't get a damn. She's still sane ofcourse, just dizzy and irritated the moment she had seen how Christian's hands were possessively placed at Jane's waist. God!! He's really a fast worker wasn't he, Kris thought. Just minutes ago, he was asking her if she wanted to spend the night with him and now they're here with his secretary and he had just met her this day.

"I think I better get home." Kris stated when she had sat down. It was almost 11pm. They had work tomorrow. And she wasn't in the mood to watch how Christian and Jane looked like almost one person at the dance floor the way they hugged.

"Yeah I think we better head back," Sam nodded yawning. Atleast someone was still thinking clearly.