Chapter 34

Kris yawned at her computer screen. She hadn't slept well and by the time sleep claimed her it was mid morning. She alarmed her phone so she wouldn't be late. She couldn't afford to get late anymore.

Jane passed by at the hall and Kris couldn't help but think, if she did spent the night with Christian. Why was she so affected if she did?? Who was she anyway?? Certainly not Christian's girlfriend right.

"Kristine. Mr Davidson wants to have a word with you," Mr. Willis, her supervisor said stopping at her cubicle.

She looked up and saw the serious expression on her supervisor's face. She nodded nervously. Okay so had she done something wrong?? She stood shakily then went to the CEO's office slowly. She knocked politely and heard his voice acknowledging to open the door.

She entered timidly. She glanced at him sitting mightily at his chair, browsing at her designs, emanating power and confidence. She caught his masculine scent before she sat down and pretended to be calm.

"Sir, you called for me??"

"I want you to revise all the designs you had for the Azure Tower Condominiums." He said closing her folder. He gave her file folder and went to go on with signing checks for disbursements,dismissing her.

Her jaw dropped. She had been rendering overtime for like almost three months now ever since she had worked on that project and now he wants her to revised it all?? Like hell...

"Sir, all these designs were already approved by Mr Willis and also Mr Bailey who owns the hotel." She reasoned out.

"Well, who was your boss anyway??" he questioned not looking at her and continued signing checks.

She went red not with embarrassment but with anger. Was he taking a grudge on her?? She couldn't think of a good enough reason why was he taking it personally with her.

"Ofcourse, we all know whose the boss here," she answered but she scowled.

He caught her reaction. "Then you better start revising if you still want this project or else I'll hand it to other designer." He snapped. "Are my instructions clear Ms Roberts??"

She nodded. "Ofcourse Sir. I'll start working on it." She said tightly, clutching her folders till her knuckles went white.

Christian raked a hand thru his hair. He could still smell her scent lingering at his room. Damn that girl!! Why cant she just admit that she wants him too like he wanted her. He wanted her very badly. He ached with wanting her. He keeps on replaying the way they had fucked days ago. Kristine was like a tamed girl outside but inside and at bed, she was a siren. And it was turning the hell him on!! The way she behaved like a wanton when she was with him. He'll go crazy if he cant have her again. He was so used to getting any girl he wanted that it was a shock when she rejected him when he asked. She had said she don't want Casual sex, but Christian had long since sweared off not to get involved in serious commitments. Maybe they could meet halfway?? A relationship that could work for them both?? He sat there for a long time pondering what to do. He remembered the agreement he had drafted a while ago. He was so sure he had it printed out but was wondering where the hell he had put it. Maybe he can check with Jane if she had seen it together with the disbursement checks he signed earlier. Jesus if someone got a hold of that crap, if it had fallen on the wrong hands.

It was eight pm and still Kristine had no intention of going home. She had finished revising two out of twenty designs which she needs to rush thanks to her unjust supervisor and new CEO. She had to beat the deadline. She was browsing through her file folder when a piece of paper fell. She bent to pick it up. Her eyes caught her name and her interest was piqued. The Relationship Contract.