Chapter 5.2

EVABELLE

Evabelle didn't know when the chaotic sensation ended, but the next thing that she was able to register was a still silence. Opening her tightly shut eyes, she found herself wrapped in the strong arms of an unconscious angel. Evabelle gasped, staring down at Lucis, his face turned away with his eyes closed. "Lucis! Lucis, are you okay?" She moved a little, causing one of his arms to slip off her and down to his side. Evabelle gave him another urgent shake. "Lucis, please be okay!"

Those beautiful eyes scrunched for a moment before finally opening. He turned his head to look at Evabelle and give her a little smile. "Yes, don't worry, I'm..." He trailed off and those blue spheres widened as a faint flush lit his cheeks.

Evabelle suddenly became very aware of her position on top of the Anahalian. She made a very unflattering squeak and rolled off of him. "I'm so sorry!" She muttered. "I-I-"

"You're fine." Lucis shushed her as he pushed himself into a sitting position. "You have no need to be sorry...I was just..." He petered out again, as he ran his fingers through his windswept hair.

Evabelle did her best to look anywhere but at Lucis. She turned her head this way and that, taking in their new surroundings. They appeared to have landed on a sandy beach on a lone island. Water lapped up on the shore about ten feet to their left, and to their right resided a beautiful forest, that was a little hard to make out in the dark night.

"I guess we hit one of the barriers, I just hope we made it to the right Isle." Lucis spoke her thoughts from behind her.

Evabelle took a deep breath and turned back. Even through the dim, she could make out the sand in his hair and embedded in his arms. "Are you sure you're alright, Lucis? That doesn't look very good."

He easily shrugged it off and began brushing the sand away. "It wasn't a perfect landing, you could say." He said with his little smile.

Evabelle returned it. "Yeah, when I said it was a good place to fall, that wasn't quite what I meant."

Lucis laughed. "Well, you can't deny that it wasn't an interesting experience." He leaned back on his hands and Evabelle caught the faintest flash of pain flare behind his eyes before it vanished again, as he moved his arms to wrap around his knees instead.

"So you did get hurt!" She gasped, crawling back over to him.

Lucis blinked at her. "No, I'm fine."

"Stop that!" Evabelle scolded as she rose to her knees to look down at him. "Stop pretending like your fine to stop everyone else from worrying! If you don't tell anyone what you're feeling then no one can help you!" She shook her head, clenching her fists. "Del was right, you can't forget about yourself! You need to know that you matter too!"

Lucis's mouth had dropped staring at the suddenly angry girl. "Where is this coming from all of a sudden?" He murmured.

Evabelle hadn't realized how riled she had become. Taking several deep breaths, she tried to calm herself down. "Where are you hurt? Please let me help."

Lucis opened his mouth to no doubt tell her he was fine again, but looking into those shimmering gold eyes, he thought better of it. "It's just my shoulder. When we fell, I landed on it and skidded a little. Seriously, it's not a big deal. It's just a little bruised."

Evabelle nodded. She knew it was more than he was letting on, but at least he had admitted to it. "Well, could I still heal you? It would give me good practice too."