Chapter 23~A Tru Message

EVABELLE

'Chelsea is one of the original sanctuaries still standing to this day. It was founded by James Watts and is still held up by his great, great, great, great grandson Malcolm Jay and his wife Tira. This historical haven resides in Layton, California, hidden near an abandoned children's park. The entrance is...'

Evabelle's eyelids drooped and the words on the page blurred. Her head dipped and slipped out of her hand, making her jerk up. It had to be long past midnight. Everyone had given up on trying to get her to bed and gone on themselves. Except Evabelle had the feeling that Calandra was still up and around somewhere, and Faux, of course, never slept.

It had only been two days since the nightmare in Kansas, but Evabelle couldn't rest when they still had yet to find where Etheldreda was keeping her little brother and friend. Plus, the images of the vivid horrors were just too fresh, and they followed her whenever she started to dream. There were severe disadvantages of remembering them. Evabelle had decided.

The exhausted girl rubbed her hands on her jeans. She could still feel the blood, bones and gold feathers under her fingernails.

No one had said much about what had happened that day. Everyone was still stunned. No one knew how to bring up the subject. It was just too heavy. A staggering thing to comprehend. Not another thing to add to the pile of mayhem. But it was there. Everyone just kept silent about it.

Del.

Del's wing.

Del's life.

When Evabelle had awoken from her unconsciousness, she had found herself in the Sanctuary. Aza had slapped her upside the head, then hugged her fiercely. They had at least told Evabelle one thing. 

He was alive.

His wing was attached.

He was alive.

Apparently, Faux and Aza had stepped out a little bit after Del had left to follow Evabelle. The two of them didn't know where'd they had run off too, but they described a brilliant ball of light bursting throughout the entire sky. Afterward, the pair had run over to the source and found Del and Evabelle lying next to each other in the small crater.

They had rushed down to them and found Del's back was still glowing faintly, at the base of his wing, but then they realized that the dark angel had his eyes open. He was staring at Evabelle, his mouth moving, telling them to help her before he was submerged into his own nothingness again.

Faux flew back to get the mages and of course they'd quickly rushed back to check them both over.

Evabelle murmured softly what had happened, and no one had anything to say about it.

Now just a day after that, Evabelle sat in the library pouring over the same information of the registered sanctuaries of the west.

Had she really brought him back from the dead? Evabelle shivered. It was an incredible thing, and yet it scared her a little. She needed to talk to her father, but falling asleep lead to a world where she didn't save him. It was a land where Lucis had torn both wings and sometimes even his head off or like the original, his heart ripped from his chest before diving for her. She'd always wake up before he reached her, but the image was still there and she just couldn't get passed those dreams to reach Zion.

Instead, she did the only thing that could see that would be helpful in her time. Although, Calandra had told her that this was all pointless in the end. The mage's had come to the conclusion that the likelihood of Etheldreda staying in a registered sanctuary was very low, slim to none. The list that they had made back at the Kansas hideout had been scrapped, yet Evabelle had decided to make one of her own.