Chapter 10.1~A Tale As Old As Time

EVABELLE

It was a bit of a blur after the ceremony. There had been rushed though a small lunch, where they had barely had a chance to speak, then they had been hurried back up to their rooms, for fittings for the reception that night. And that's exactly where Evabelle now found herself, back in her room, alone with a group of fairies that had been flitting around her, taking her measurements and playing with her hair. Normally, getting all prettied up for something made Evabelle happy, but all she had really wanted to do was see Kai and make sure we was okay after that ordeal they had just witnessed.

However, the brunette had to admit these fairies really knew what they were doing. They spread on a sweet scented lotion that made her hands feel softer than they ever had, and had given her shoes, that even as heels were perfectly comfortable and made her feel like Cinderella.

"My, my it's like walking right into the movie, except you're way prettier." Aza stepped into the room, making Evabelle glance up and her mouth drop.

Evabelle's friend, Aza 'Strictly Pants' Kendall, wore a truly stunning dress that worked so perfectly on the small blonde. It was a deep violet frock with silver clusters of glitter that made Evabelle think of stars all around the dress that was short in the front but got longer in the back. Then there was a sheer lavender slip over it that fanned back nearly making a transparent train as it went down to her ankles where what looked like sliver ballet flats rested. Long tight sleeves came to points past her wrists with the continuing theme of silvery trim. It was truly spectacular, the way the material waved around her feet and all the way around.

Looking up at Aza's face and hair revealed the work done there as well. Her short blond hair was smooth and shone dark gold, with a light curl. Her usual braid had been redone, her flower charm still there, but it been pulled back, meeting with an identical braid on the other side of her head. There also seemed to be a bit of glitter in there as well. Then there was the make-up. There wasn't much, just enough to cover her scar from Annihilators and a bit to accentuate her features. Her eyes shone and her skin was smooth. Aza was a true masterpiece.

Evabelle shook her head. "Are you wearing what I think you're wearing or am I dreaming?"

Aza stuck out her tongue and then shook her head dramatically. "I fought them as hard as I could. I thrashed and screamed, but those little fairies wrangled me into it. All against my will." Aza grinned. "Okay, fine I admit I can see a bit of the allure of being all princessy. The fairies really know how to make it work for me. I can still move however I want." Then the small blonde gave a high kick, flashing Evabelle the shorts Aza was wearing underneath the dress.

"But really I can't say much." Aza nodded at Evabelle. "I mean just look at you, Princess Belle. Tell me, where's your beast?"

Evabelle turned back to the long mirror that she had been looking in before her friend had burst in the room. In it, the brunette saw the shimmering golden gown with effortless ruffles adding to the body of the skirt. Then there was the bodice, while hugging Evabelle's frame was loose enough for the girl to breathe comfortably. Soft, dipping sleeves were draped around her shoulders, where a few gentle, yet perfect curls rested as well. Most of her hair was gracefully pulled up out of her face, where a light layer of makeup, gave her a faint glowing look.

"I'm just saying, you're giving Emma Watson a serious run for her money." Aza grinned, from behind her.

"Belle is my favorite Disney princess." Evabelle said softly.

Her friend rolled her eyes. "Gee, I wonder why."

"My mom used to call me Belle."

Aza frowned. "I don't remember her ever calling you that."