Chapter 13.2

With everything settled, Evabelle set off to meet Aza and Jamie by the run down portal under the castle.  They weren't sure what they were going to do with the poor superhero kid who had no idea who he was, but they figured Calandra wouldn't mind taking in another stranger...probably.

When Evabelle reached Aza, the small blonde handed her a rekaberry muffin, which more or less tasted like a chocolate muffin.  Evabelle ate it greedily, having not eaten in nearly a day. 

"So, how'd it go?"  Aza asked as Evabelle stuffed her face.

Evabelle swallowed her last bite hard, desperate for something to wash it down.  She still gave her friend a brief overview of what happened.

Aza whistled.  "Magical alliance with jerk elves.  I'm not so sure about this one, deary."

Evabelle shook her head.  "I know we've had a run in with a lot of bad ones, but they're not all like that."

Aza leaned against one of the stone walls, but quickly pushed off of it because of the cold wet slime oozing down it.  "Well, I don't know.  We're currently being kicked out the door, I'd say.  These guys want us gone as soon as possible."  She turned her head to look at Jamie, who was sitting on the crumbling rock that held the dismal portal.  "What do you think about this?"

Jamie's pale eyes, that had been misted over as he slowly chewed his muffin that wasn't even halfway gone, looked up.  "What?"  He still looked utterly drained.

Evabelle sighed and shook her head.  "They've got a lot to deal with right now.  They're now dealing with an entire troop of traitors, while there's probably more out there.  It's still going to take them time to used to Kai, a vampire being their heir.  And now being allies with part of the people that abandoned them is also going to be an adjustment."  Evabelle smiled.  "But things will get better.  We're heading in the right direction now."

Aza's eyebrows shot up.  "Optimistic Evabelle?  Who are you and what have you done with my pessimistically rational best friend."

Evabelle shrugged.  "I'm not going to be pessimistic anymore.  I've decided to be different, and look it that, I think it's working." 

Aza elbowed Evabelle, grinning.  "Works for me.  Your smile's too good to be hiding in that anxiety strained mind of yours.  Jump on to the crazy train and laugh your way to victory.  That's my motto."

"Yes, laugh your head off as your train falls off a cliff and you crash and burn."  Spoke a voice from the darkness, making Evabelle jump.

Aza gave a long exaggerated moan and flung her arms in the air.  "And speaking of pessimism, the king has arrived!" 

Del stepped forward from the shadows into the dim light peeking through the cracks of the ceiling right above the dilapidated portal.

"What no magic feather night light?"  Aza asked.  "Oh, no you thrive in darkness, that's right."

Del rolled his eyes. 

"So, where's Faux and your other half that actually came out with a soul?"  Aza crossed her arms and Evabelle shuffled slightly.

Del walked past them and sat on the edge of the stone that held the carved star, a few feet from Jamie, who actually shook himself from his silent reverie and glanced up at the dark angel.  The kid swallowed and scooted slighter further away.  If Del noticed, he didn't give any indication that he had.  "Lucis is still arranging things with Calandra, apparently, there might be some issues getting us all back, plus she's not in a good mood.  Stuffs going on at the Sanctuary that has her hair in a knot."