ALTERNATE Chapter 9 beginning

~(A/N: Plot twist! Author's note at the beginning of the chapter!! Actually, the reason I'm doing this is because this is not an actual chapter. This is the beginning of chapter nine, the way I originally wrote it. I had not planned to write it like this, but it just sort of happened. This is obviously different than the one that you've read. Well, it technically starts out the same, but you'll see where it changes. In many ways I kind of like this version better, but the other is good as well. As I said, this was unexpected for me to write. I didn't plan it this way, but sometimes your characters end up taking over. I REALLY want to hear you thoughts on this version compared to the other, so PLEASE let me know!! If you guys think this version is better, I'll rewrite chapter nine, so it fits with this. I know I said I was hoping to get chapter ten up soon, and I am, but I realized I wanted to get thoughts on this first! SO PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS ONE VS THE ONE YOU ALREADY READ!!!! Thank you guys!!!!!! LOVE Y'ALL!!!!!!!)~

EVABELLE

"I wish I could heal you." Evabelle confessed as she watched the pale orange haired, oriental elf woman spread a gross yellowish paste over the nasty cut on her friend's leg.

"Don't sweat it." Aza waved her hand dismissively and pulled a face as the cold slime seeped into the wound.

"There was once a time that Anahalians could heal humans too, in the same way they heal themselves." The elf, who had introduced herself as Taiga, spoke with an accent just like all the other elves Evabelle had met, including Kai. It was kind of British sounding, but with an almost melodic airier tone. She stood and began to apply the adhesive to Aza's forehead without glancing at the girls.

"Really?" Evabelle asked, stepping forward. "What happened? Why can't they now?"

Taiga turned her back on the two of them and grabbed a towel from her kit to wipe off her hands. "The Anahalians were formidable, powerful creatures, but once they decided to run away, showing their true colors, some of that power was taken away from them. I suppose God decided they weren't worthy. If they weren't going to stay with the humans then why have that power." Then the woman drew the strings of her bag and left the room without another word.

Evabelle sighed and Aza's eyes widened as she watched the woman leave. "Well, well, haters really hate, don't they," she shook her head, bounded to her feet, and winced. "Okay, so their magic ain't instantaneous."

"It probably works similar to the Anahalians healing magic." Evabelle sank down on the bed that Aza had just risen and stared down at her feet. "It doesn't heal things right away. It just sort of speeds up the natural process."

"Hey, are you alright?" Aza sat down again, next to her friend. "Do you want me to go kick her butt? Because I totally will."

Evabelle gave a small smile. "Oh, I know you would. And no, I don't want you to do that."

Aza crossed her arms and stared at the empty doorway. "Well, she has it coming. What right does she have to say all that crap?"

"The Anahalians left. The elves and the other angel borns feel abandoned." Evabelle replied.

Aza scoffed. "They left like over a thousand years ago, or something. They really need to get over it. And besides they weren't the ones that were left. It was a totally different generation."

Evabelle lifted her head and stared at her friend, her father's words finally clicking into place, or rather the lack of them. "Anahalians were once very loved. They were the heroes to everyone. They didn't just protect humans, but elves, fairies, pixies, all of them from the demons and their descendants. They were the fighters."

"...Why are you referring to Anahalians as 'they'? You're an Anahalian too."

Zion hadn't answered then. He wanted her to put it together. "They're angry at the Anahalians from all that time ago." Evabelle murmured. The last thing her father had been saying filled in the rest as well. "Are? Evabelle, the people who decided to create this world are not the same people living in it today. You can't-" You can't assume that we are the same as those who lived so long ago. Or at least that's what Evabelle figured what he was going to say.