Chapter 11.1~The Ciennal Caverns

EVABELLE

"I'm officially a ninja!"  Aza gave a karate cry and leapt into a dramatic pose, holding her hands up as though to crack a table in half. 

    Uri, their stiff, spiky elf guide had lead the team, excluding Kai, and surprisingly including Faux's date, into a side corridor away from the party to change into more appropriate outfits for their mission.  They were lightweight black pants and a top with a hood with sleek dark boots. 

    "To be a ninja, there is an art of silence, which is something impossible for you to master."  Del shook his head as he began to unbutton his dress-shirt.

    Faux leaned down to Aza.  "Don't listen to that Eclipsicus over there.  He's just jealous we stole his trademark color."

    Evabelle ran her fingers over the soft, water-like fabric.  It was so cool and light, she couldn't believe it was actual, wearable material.  The dark color shifted in a way that made her eyes blur...blur into the glowing blue of the fountain joy lights, to a man washing himself in their essence, that same man standing before her, staring her down, and finally telling her....

    Uri gave a loud grunt, coming up right behind Evabelle, sucking her back into reality and making her jump  "The pixie's have designed this elegantly woven fabric from the bark of the tamala plant we grow underground, in the dark, away from any light, for it could ruin it's fragility.  They are very difficult to make, so there are not many.  The King is very generous to allow us to be using them."

    "Well, this is a very important mission."  Lucis said, already wearing his outfit as well.  "You told us they made you practically invisible at night, and hush the sounds of movement.  That will be essential if we plan on sneaking up on a bunch of elves." 

    Evabelle's still pounding heart leapt into her throat, as he took a step toward her, but his eyes were fixed on Uri behind her. 

    "That's only if we do manage to catch them."  The elf gritted his teeth.  "We have looked for these rumored traitors before, and nothing has been found as of yet."

    "That's because they knew you were looking.  Tonight is the perfect time for them to meet, without the threat of being found."  Lucis replied.

    "And technically, there has been stuff found,"  Del cut in, who had removed his shirt and was currently stretching out his wings before sliding them back into his indented spine for the camouflage, making all the women in the corridor feel a little warm.  "It just wasn't by you, just a shadow who also seems to have gotten their hands on this special material."  He held up the top half of the suit.

    Uri's lip curled.  "Yes, that Shadow, a despicable traitor, a violent cretin, a deranged creature believing the life of a vigilante was made for more than human fantasy, did manage to get his thieving hands on a few precious objects."

    Evabelle blinked in surprise as the amount of spite in his words.   

    Aza's eyebrows shot up.  "Excuse me?  Batman is not a fantasy.  I believe that Gotham is a real place that is protected by the hero that they deserve, not the one they need.  But maybe this Shadow is what you pacifistic people need." 

    Uri flashed a glare at her.  "Are you suggesting that war and violence are a good thing?"

    "No," Evabelle spoke.  "War isn't good, but sitting back and letting others fight or deal with it, when you could do something, is just as bad.  Sometimes, you have to stand and fight, whether you want to or not."

    Everyone's eyes were on her, she could feel them.  The Anahalian princess wasn't sure where the words had come from in that moment, but they felt good.  Terrifying, but good.