Chapter 10.2

The song that had been playing came to an end, but before another could begin a very familiar voice rang over all the chatter and echoed all throughout the ballroom.

"Alright, I've enough of the classical, sappy, stuff.  I think it's time we really get this party started!"

    Kai and Evabelle glanced at each other, eyes wide.  Both of them quickly headed to the railing and looked down at the dance floor to see a tiny golden haired girl dashing across the stunning glass flooring, waving a small blue object in her hand.  Her iPod. Evabelle instantly recognized.  That girl never went anywhere without it.  Aza skidded to halt in front of an elf standing behind a table that was in front of the instrumentalists they had been listening to all evening. 

    To Evabelle's complete astonishment, the elf reached under the table and pulled out an iPod jack and plugged it in.  Aza leaned over and was helping scroll through her playlist, when the dark angel approached.  Evabelle closed her eyes and listened hard.  Anahalians were supposed to have super hearing too.  She focused on them and shockingly, Del's voice met her ears as though he were standing right next to her.  "This is a royal ceremony with ceremonial music, but of course you have to bring that."

    Evabelle opened one eye to see her friend stick her tongue out at him.  "Oh, please," her voice also made her seem so much closer.  "Because you were so enjoying that stuff."

    Del crossed his arms.  "I don't enjoy anything."

    "No durr."  Aza crossed her eyes and made another face at him, before turning back to the elf to choose a song.  Suddenly, lyrics to a song that Evabelle recognized blasted through the ever so elegant ballroom. 

Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep

Dreaming about the things that we could be

"Now this is what I'm talking about!"  Aza punched her fist into the air.

    Del turned with a sardonic wave.  "Yeah, you have fun with that."  He began sauntering away, sliding his hands into his pockets.

    "Oh, does someone not know how to dance?"  Aza mocked to his back.

    Del slowed, smirking.  "You saying that to me is hilarious."

    Aza put her hands on her hips.  "But who's walking away?  I mean, come on, anyone can do a simple waltz."  Del rolled his eyes.  "But it takes true to skill to dance this song into a masterpiece.  It's probably too much for you though, so I completely understand."

    Del rolled his neck and slowly turned back to the girl that was nearly an entire foot shorter than him, and paced right up to her.  It was around then that Evabelle realized that nearly the entire room was watching Del and Aza, first and second floor.  The shadowy man leaned in close and Evabelle had to strain harder to hear his whisper.  "You don't know the meaning of masterpiece, Picasso.  A masterpiece is taking the worst dancer in the room and still stunning the audience."

We'll be counting stars

    "And you can to that?"  Aza was grinning.  "Prove it."

Yeah, we'll be counting stars

    Right as the beat hit, Del's hand was out of his pocket, snatching Aza's and easily sending her whirling through the very adhering crowd which had made a perfect path for them.  Aza's dress fanned up like a blooming purple lily.  To Evabelle amazement, the girl didn't trip or even come close to falling flat on her face.  Del must have done it in such a way that the momentum carried her all the way through to the center of the dance floor.