The Right Partner ~ 50K SPECIAL

~(HEY!! I'm so sorry for not getting this up forever ago! Just a recap: This is a little gift from me to you for you guys being the most amazing people ever for sticking with me on this crazy ride. I love you all!!!

So we're back at the elf ball after Kai's coronation, but we get a bit of Del's perspective in this instead and all that was going on with a certain tenacious blonde ;) And sorry it turned out quite a bit longer than I thought it would...I still hope you guys enjoy it!!! Thank you again!!!!!

The next official chapter is close to being finished as well, so I'll hopefully be getting that up this coming weekend :D

ART WAS DONE BY AN AMAZING FRIEND, WHO IS NOT ONLY AN AWESOME ARTIST BUT ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED AUTHORS!! <3 :firebreathingmermaid )~

*   *   *   *   *

DEL

Fly swatters. Never did Del think he would ever want a fly swatter because Jovis didn't have the same obnoxious pests that plagued Earth. Now, however, as an entire throng of giggling fairies with high tinkling voices that made his ears bleed, fluttered around him, Del yearned for a stick, ending in the flat weave, with the sole purpose of smashing tiny, aggravating winged creatures.

They flew about, took his measurements, made him raise his arms to fit into a coat that pinned his wings into his spine, tightened a shiny noose around his neck and called it a tie, and put ridiculous creams and crap in his hair.

As they drew the black strands out of his face, he tried to wave them off. But one of the small ladies shook her head. "We have to get it out of the way," She tittered. "Having it in your eyes prevents us all from seeing those beautiful gems." Her small cheeks turned a bit pink as she dashed back up with her brothers and sisters, pulling at his hair.

Del let out a hiss through his teeth. That's exactly the point.

He hated parties.

Now he crossed his arms and leaned back against a big pillar by the ballroom entrance doors. That familiar itching of feathers against skin brought him back to the last obnoxious party he'd been forced to attend. People everywhere, staring at him as he tried his best to disappear into the wall. The humans didn't even know he was the Oracle or anything abnormal to them, but still his eyes were a novelty no matter where he was.

But there was another reason he really wasn't in the mood. The elves had done what everyone always did. It'd been subtle, but an obvious choice that Del could see. They had excluded Lucis.

Faux paced around, blabbering on about something: feeling extra sexy and wondering what lucky woman would get the chance to be in his arms tonight.

It wasn't that Faux was the wrong person to be chosen for this opening dance. If the elves had asked who of Kai's friends actually wanted to be voided out, Del would have happily volunteered. Lucis liked dancing, parties, and people. Del didn't.

But no, the elves had arranged everything, and Lucis was the one that was not a part of this. Come to think of it, Del began to tug at the annoying tie around his throat. I haven't seen Lucis since the ceremony.

The sound of heels tapping their way down the stairs, made his eyes glance up at a stunning slender woman with rich dark hair pulled up, save for a few ringlets framing the practically glowing face as the warm, gold, gown shimmered as she descended.

For a moment Del got the sensation of stepping back in time. The girl was far older now, but the beautiful dress and the way she carried herself, he swore he was seeing that a little girl, who could seem much like himself at times-- insecure, awkward, lost, lonely, but then would come in, standing tall, reaching out, proving that she held a greater strength he did not possess back then.