Chapter 8.2

"So, I was thinking after showing you the depressing memory about our first meeting with Averno, I'd finally show you around Jovis, like I promised."  Zion's voice finally pushed through the fog that laced Evabelle's mind.

The young brunette tore her forlorn gaze away from the gorgeous golden sky that lit the jade trees and hill that were garnished with the glittering sapphire lakes and streams to the dark gentle face of her father who blinked patiently at her.  "Sorry," She pushed away from the wall that she had been leaning over.  "It's just I can't help but feel helpless when all of my friends are going through so much."

Zion smiled, coming over to her and scooping her up.  "Come on, let's discuss it on the way."

Evabelle blinked in surprise that she could even be lifted by a man who was not physically there, but then she wasn't either.  It was just a dream.  "You mean you're actually showing me Jovis?"  She'd asked several times since Zion had told her he would if he would take her, but instead they had only talked or as he had said, shown her the one memory.

The late Anahalian king nodded.  "I told you I'd show you around.  I don't think your memories will cover everything.  You didn't get the chance to go everywhere as I recall."  His gaze softened a bit.  "And don't worry.  We'll discuss your problems as we go."

Evabelle felt herself deflate a little.  "Is that what I do?  Just whine about all the crap in my life?"  She muttered.

Zion leapt onto the wall and spread his wings that almost seemed to blaze against the sky that could not compare to his own majestic feathers.  "I am here to help, Evabelle.  That's the whole reason I did this spell in the first place."  Then the man leaned forward and fell just as Lucis had done from the cliffs at Calandra's.

Evabelle was so surprised, she gasped and clung to her father's vacant form.  It was quite different then in her waking world.  This wasn't exactly a dream, it was a reality in which ones thoughts remained rational and awake in a sense. 

Aza had once told her about a dream she had had about the two of them turning into giant goldfish crackers and racing away from a giant version of Evabelle's brother, Thom, who was determined to eat them.  Aza had told Evabelle that in the dream she had believed it to be completely normal and didn't question any of it until she woke and logic reminded her that turning into a snack food was not something that was a natural occurrence.

That was something totally alien to Evabelle.  She had never had a dream that had her own mind so mixed up.  She had only started remembering her dreams rather recently and they had all been vivid and made sense.  And unless she was remembering a memory, she was always aware that she was asleep, for she could sense that none of the things around her were completely tangible.

But as they fell, Evabelle had that sense of one falling just before they slipped into to sleep.  Normally that would wake someone up, but luckily it didn't wake Evabelle.  That sensation gave her the impression of falling but not really, and it made her a little sick.  Zion angled his wings and the curved up again.   He was grinning, and Evabelle wondered if he felt a similar sensation she had or if he could actually sense the fall better than she could since he no longer had a physical body.  She closed her eyes for a moment.  This whole real but not real was starting to give her a very real headache.

"I don't really know where to start."  Zion admitted and Evabelle opened her eyes again.  "There isn't really much, but at the same time there is."

Evabelle sighed.  "You're not helping, you know."

"What?"  Zion blinked.

The wingless princess shook her head.  "Nothing.  How about you show me where the other Anahalians live."