The 3 Personas of Cancer

If you were born between June 22 and July 2

This is the first of the Cancer Decans and is ruled by the Moon.

The first Decan Cancer personality is characterised by sensitivity, generosity and creativity.

Your sensitive nature and emotional awareness makes you a natural Psychic. You have a tendency to just "know' what others are thinking or feeling. You can choose to develop these natural skills further and be rewarded by helping others. And helping others is what you most like to do. You are extremely generous and will do anything for anyone. You do not expect great accolades for your deeds but gain an enormous sense of satisfaction from giving. You are a true giver.

You crave a sense of security and love and desire close family relationships that you can nurture and be nurtured by. You also possess a high level of creativity and can turn your hand to many career paths that allow you to use your talents.

You are most happy in the company of close friends and family, where you know you are well loved, admired and respected.

The main flaws in this first Decan Cancer personality are over sentimentality as you have a difficult time being objective when it comes to emotional issues.

If you were born between July 3 and July 12

The second of the Cancer Decans has the planet Pluto as its ruler.

The second Decan Cancer personality is characterised by mystery, secrecy and psychic ability.

Like all Cancer subjects you have strong psychic abilities that help guide you with your decision making.

You are an extremely private person and do not like to reveal too much of yourself to anyone. This includes close friends, lovers and family members. You are quite secretive and will keep secrets well. No one ever knows you fully and you have the air of mystery behind your eyes.

Unlike other Cancerians you do not allow your heart to overrule your head. You are emotional and sensitive but have an analytical mind that affects your judgement. This can lead to feelings of confusion as your head is telling you one thing, your heart another. It is your head that usually wins out. Story of my life...

You have immense emotional needs and are happiest in a secure loving relationship. You give a great deal of love, loyalty and respect to a lover and expect the same in return. If your relationships are tested you will work your hardest to overcome problems and rebuild a loving relationship.

The main flaws in this second Decan Cancer personality are a tendency to have a jealous streak.

If you were born between July 13 and July 23

The third of the Cancer Decans is ruled by the planet Neptune.

The third Decan Cancer personality is characterized by intuition, empathy and optimism.

You are somewhat of a dreamer and like to fantasies stretching your vivid imagination. Poetry, creative writing or art are all areas you can excel in.

Your kindness and compassion make for you being very empathetic and you can easily understand the feelings and emotions of others.

You have a fascination for the unusual, extraordinary or unconventional. You are interested in the supernatural and spiritualism and like to find out about different cultures and beliefs.

You adore the idea of being in love and being romanticized. This sometimes leads to disappointment with relationships that fall short of the 'romance novel' ideal. However because of your positive optimism, this disappointment soon diminishes and you move your thoughts and dreams to other romances - real or imagined.

You enjoy your own company and like to have time alone. These times allow you to dream some more and also are times when you can get in touch with your inner self and strengthen your intuitive skills.