The Signs as Literary Devices

ARIES: Conflict. What the protagonist struggles against on the way to their dreams. aries jumps from one conflict to the next, achieving each goal systematically.

TAURUS: Periodic Structure. How a sentence is ordered. A very specific, strict pattern. Unchanging. Set in it's ways. Similar to our taurus.

GEMINI: Anecdote. Short recounting of a funny event. Geminis have thousands of short, funny stories in their back pocket at any time.

CANCER: Hyperbole. Making something a bigger deal than it actually is. Cancers have a tendency to overreact and over exaggerate.

LEO: Characterization. Where a author introduces and describes a character. Well, our Leos are certainly known for their entrances.

VIRGO: Alliteration. Words used in quick succession beginning with the same sound group. Virgo's like precision and order.

LIBRA: Euphemism. A dirty connotation. While loving and adorable, Libras do have their darker side.

SCORPIO: Connotation. Goes deeper than the literal meaning. There's so much more to a Scorpio than what meets the eye.

SAGITTARIUS: Irony. The implied meaning is different from the literal meaning. they often create the wounds they heal. Their sharp tongue mixed with their large heart creates some issues that are quickly resolved.

CAPRICORN: Symbol. Contains several layers of meaning. Capricorns are like onions with their many, many layers. There's no telling what you can uncover as you get closer and closer to a cap.

AQUARIUS: Personification. Giving human traits to something that is not human. The dude who wrote Alice in Wonderland is an Aquarius, need I say more?

PISCES: Flashback. When the author lets you see something that happened before whatever is currently going on. Pisces are in a constant state of flashback, reflecting on what has happened.