While you were gone.

A thousand times we die in one life. We crumble, break and tear apart until the layer of illusion are burned away and all that is left, is the truth of who and what we really are.

Nick comes out of the bathroom in a new suit. Of course it's Tailored to his body perfectly, his signature black suit. I let out a laugh " Nick you're going to a party not a business meeting." I laugh at him, he just looks at me like I'm crazy. " Catherine Im the king of vampires, I have to dress nice." I make my way over toward the mirror while he's fix his hair. " The king needs to have fun! Come on let me pick something for you to wear. Plus you're gonna be around werewolves and you need to be somewhat comfortable because you know how rough they can get sometimes when the party really gets going." He shakes his head I smile appears on his face he shakes his head letting me know he gives  in. I walk into the walk in closet and look at the choices I had, I don't know why I complained I didn't have any of the choices because this man has nothing to work with. Suit, suit, more suits, then finally I see what I was looking for. Dark jeans and a fitted t-shirt. I am formed him of my choices He rolls his eyes then goes to put it on. A few minutes later he comes out. Man what can I say I could've been a fashion designer, I managed to take the dark mysterious vampire king into a casually cool guy.

" Man, if i was alive I would so jump your bones." He laughs at my joke and smiles at me. Its been a while since I seen that smile. " I have a feeling your going to get lucky!" I laugh. He needs to have some fun in life. He walks over to the table by the bed and pulls out a key. I look down and all the color from my face fades, a cold shiver goes down my back. The key to my casket, the one thing I try to forget.
Nick let's out a deep breath" Greyson gave me the key today. When you're ready to come back I will open the doors and get you." I keep my glaze on the key. I had come to the fact I wouldn't be back but, now I have a chance to be. A chance to make things right and to be the mother Annabella deserves, be the mate I once wanted to be... to be alive again.
He walks out of the room and leaves me with a choice, to stay or to live again.

Flashback:

Today we lay to rest Catherine Anna Dawn. She was one of a kind, smart, beautiful , loving , and would give up anything to help you. However there was more to her that met the eye. Catherine was a soul mate, hybrid, daughter, queen, and most of all a mother. Annabella will grow up not knowing her mother but, she will hold the stories we tell her. Catherine gave up her life for us. I remember the day I met her. A little girl who lost the most important things in her life, she looked so lost. Little me watched people go in to talk to her telling her they were sorry and she would just nod. Then i had some courage and walked up to her. She was staring at her shoes like if she looked up her reality would come rushing back at her. When i finally got to her I hug her. I didn't say anything I just hug her. I knew that no matter what I said I couldn't take the pain away. However she just hugged me back and cried into my shoulder. Then from that day we were best friends. Catherine's life was cut too short, but the thing is if you asked her she would say she filled her destiny. She had two mates, got to meet her father again, found the true meaning of life. I can't tell you that everything is going to be easy... However I can tell you that we need to live like it's our last days. I love you Catherine sleep well.

Slowly opening my eyes the darkness fades and I find myself in the tomb. A place where I was sentence to spend eternity in then finally leads to the rest to find peace. The dark casket I lay in looking back at me, The glossy wood shows my reflection staring back at me. I walk over towards it and touch my reflection some thing that I haven't seen in a long time. Closing my eyes I let the time sink in. I walk out of the tomb and walk towards the witches house.

I walk right in and yelled out to the witch. " Hello! Can you hear me?" then she comes to face to face with me. " I can hear you loud and clear." she smiles at me and tells me to sit down.
" I want to come back. I want to live again." She gives me a big smile and nods. " My body is in my tomb and Nick, Greyson, my fathers blood can be brought here." She gets out a book and looks thought it then stoping on a page. " They have already gave me your blood this morning.We need to hurry we must beat the full moon before it lays to rest." She grabs everything she needs and walks to the tomb with me. When we are half way there I had to ask her something, '' why are you helping me?" She stops and looks at me and smiles '' I'm your grandmother." I was surprise how can she be my grandmother. She looks so young and of course witches have the powers to help with the aging but, she doesn't look much older than me. She gives me a reassuring smile. "How my father said his mother died." I ask searching for answers
" I did then the earth brought me back for you. Im going to go in your place while you live your life. There's a lot you need to learn about nature it's a give-and-take relationship. I've been on the search for long enough and I know that my destiny is to help you. There's not a day that goes by I don't think about your father but what I did was for the best and this is my way of making amends." I was at loss for words so i  just nodded what was I going to say to that. We walked into the tomb together as we are greeted by casket as the moon light shines upon it showing reflection of both of us.
She put candles around the room and puts the blood on the pages of the book. Then she walks over to my casket and puts her hand on my casket and it opens up. I come face to face with myself. I was in a blue dress, my hair was laid flat drained of color, and my skin looked cold as ice. Thankfully you cannot see the scars that were left due to the battle, I looked at peace. My grandmother puts the neckless on my neck and looks at me. " You ready?'' she ask. In that moment I thought to myself was I ready to live again, I could back out now and nobody would know. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes and all I could feel was the love of my family calling for me. I replied back to her in a soft voice.. "yes I'm ready"

Nick:
Werewolves were running all around enjoying themselves, drunk as can be. I look up to the full moon and my thoughts run to Catherine. I wish she was her with me right now, she would make this more fun. I'm brought out of my thought by a voice. " Hey you look little lonely." a women with a tight dress and tons of make up on says in a 'sexy' voice. I shake my head " I'm fine." She then runs a hand down my arm and trying to make a move. I grab her hand and gave it back to her. " Oh come on you know you want me." I was stating to get mad so I looked into her eyes compelling her. " You will go away and remember nothing of me." She walks off. I felt disgusted as she walked away my heart no my soul will aways be Catherine's.
I look at my cup with nothing in it and make my way towards the pack house to fill it up. Walking in the party house I see Greyson, Madeline, and Kate talking. I walk over towards them to see what they were talking about.
Once I make it to them all I hear is " I feel it too'' Greyson spoke then stop when he see me. " feel what?" I ask. They seem hesitant to tell me that something is going on. " We feel like something is going on." I laugh at them " could it be the fact we have over 500 drunk werewolves." they shake there heads and say no. " Its like something powerful is going on." We feel it through our connection somethings going on and we can't figure out what it is. Then we hear gasp and we turn around. The world seem to stop. Catherine.
The voice we so desperately wanted to hear for so long speaks " Where am I?"