Time

Six months ago: Nick

Seating in my office looking out into the court yard, my thoughts drift to her. Two weeks can't prepare me for a life time without her. Two week since I laid the love of my life to rest. They say all wounds heal over time, but how can you heal when you're constantly getting hurt. No matter how hard I try, the wounds never heal. When you lose someone you realize how much time you have or how much time you didn't have.

" King Nicholas, Parliament is asking for your presents." One of many men that runs Messages breaks me out of my deep thoughts. Nodding I get up and make my way down to court. Hallways filled with paintings, objects of the past, and  souls that were lost. The old stones that built the castle, that I had been put  in so long ago. Reaching the dark wooden door, I take in a deep breath. Knocking the doors are pulled back. Into view the men stand to greet the broken king.

" King Nicholas. The mighty king of our kind, we thank you for coming." James the third in command speaks to me. The Parliament is made up with older vampire, they look older then me but they're not. I was made king when the wolves started their own government, due to my time on the earth I was placed on the throne.  Making my way to the head of the table I sit down on the dark throne.

" gentlemen please explain why Im here?" I speak with my 'authority' voice. James stands up once again and speaks " sir, we understand that you have lost your soul mate, the hybrid. We wanted to send our regards to you."

" So I came down here for you to tell me your sorry?" I ask annoyed that they called me down for something they didn't mean. Shaking there heads Charles stands.

" We asked you to come here to talk about Ms. Faith." Her name makes me sick to my stomach, the evil woman who was power hungry. She was the daughter of man that gave me his blood to turn, I promise to protect her. However she became obsessive with becoming my wife and a vampire. Soon she found a way to turn without my blood.

" Sir we believe it would be wise to marry her. The kingdom is starting to grow weak due to your absents." Charles speaks up once again. Anger filled within me.

" I WILL NOT MARRY ANYONE! MY KINGDOM IS STRONG, WE ARE AT PEACE WITH WOLVES, THE ONES WE HAVE BEEN IN WAR WITH FOR 500 YEARS. IM THE KING YOU WILL NEVER TELL ME WHAT TO DO, MY SOUL MATE JUST DIED." I yell at them soon my anger faded away sadness fill the empty space.

Tears that I had keep in for two weeks now come rushing back. A loud sob leaves me without my permission. The men quickly leave the room as I continue to cry.

" She died." I cried out

Time will heal all wounds.