> introduction <

Mallie dragged her suitcases along the raggedy, front path of her new apartment building and into the entrée. It was only two of her four suitcases - not excluding her excess bags - that she had to bring in. She had a backpack slung over her petite shoulder, her long dark-brown hair trapped and tugging underneath it slightly.

Her apartment was on the tenth floor of the twelve floor building so there was no chance she was facing the stairs. She pulled herself into the lift and pushed the button, letting out a sigh of relief as she had time to relax. The elevator didn't stop on the way up. As the doors opened at her floor, Mallie shuffled out, pulling her fresh new key from her pocket and going to the left apartment, one of two on this floor. She used her foot to push the door open and dragged her stuff inside, leaving it to the left of the door - knocking into the silver and black stools which sat by the kitchen island. She took a breather. She dropped her backpack and walked towards her living area, to the right of the door. The wall had a giant, window revealing far into London. She admired the view for a few seconds before walking back and heading back out.

She got all the way back to her car; a small silver ford fiesta that her grandad had given to her when he stopped driving. It was packed to the brim with her belongings. She used the keys to unlock the car and walked to it,
ignoring the flows of people walking down the street. It was fairly busy considering it was a quieter area of London where the houses and apartments were. Mallie pulled out her remaining suitcases and and tied a few of her bags to each of the handle's so she wouldn't have to make another trip. With a struggle, she repeated her journey. She pulled everything the elevator, only begging the doors didn't shut before she was completely in. Again, she let out a breath and relaxed.

As the doors were shutting, she saw someone jogging to try and get there in time. Jumping slightly, she pushed the button to open the door and a young adult male slowed into the elevator. She didn't really look at him, just shared a chuckle before scooting over her belongings so there was enough room in the tiny elevator.

"Thanks," the guy laughed out and looked at Mallie. She just smiled, looking him for a brief second. She recognised him. She didn't find this implausible as she had lived here for eighteen years of her life before going to Leeds for University. She looked at him again, trying to figure him out. "You recognise me, don't you?"

Mallie laughed and nodded. She took this as a welcoming to look at him more, without it being weird. He was a tall, slim white male with short dirty blonde hair. He wore a black sweater and tracksuit bottoms to match, accompanied with a black backpack. She felt like her brain was running through every face she'd ever seen and was struggling to put a name on him.

"So badly." Mallie laughed, rubbing her forehead. The two shared an awkward laugh as the slow elevator reached the sixth floor.

"It's Mallie, isn't it?" The guy figured it out, leaving Mallie confused. He ran his fingers through his hair, moving his jaw around as if something was be matter. "Yeah, okay...You've probably tried your hardest to forget me..."

•-•-•

(A/N)
Hey, this is another piece I'm going to be working on as well as my other Sidemen fanfiction - go check it out!

If you don't know me, I'm Kayla and this is a Simon Minter based Sidemen fanfiction. It will include all of the sidemen characters but the connections between 'Mallie' and Simon are obviously the main attraction if you catch my drift.

Also, I think I'm going to make a floor plan of her apartment because I want you guys to visualise it how I do for the best reading! (Hand-drawn in the media atm but might do computer made one).

I'm very clearly a Simon girl, you'll probably figure that out eventually but I am writing a Josh/Zerkaa one at the moment - but it's a very similar one to all the other Josh ones so let me know if you want to see that one.

Make sure you vote and comment, letting me know on any mistakes or things you want to be seeing happen! Love you all, Kayla!
x