> part nine <

Mallie cried for a while, not knowing how to deal with her emotions before deciding she was going to get changed and go to the pub for a drink - hoping to bump into somebody she used to know. She changed into some tight, blue skinny jeans and a pale blue blouse. She grabbed her long, grey coat before heading out the house and down the stairs.

When she got to her car, she looked in the mirror, hoping the puffiness of her eyes had gone down. She sniffled as she started the car and headed into a small pub where she bought her first drink by herself when she turned eighteen; The Plough.

She was there for an hour, drinking three glasses of wine and four different cocktails the barman had just introduced onto the menu before she started drunk texting.

• • •

"Today, I'm here with Simon, or miniminter as you may know him and we are playing a random minigame. This one is called Dentist and I have no idea what to expect." Josh looked to Simon as part of the video. Simon laughed.

"Yeah, I have no idea what this is - well I guess it has something to do with a dentist but you know..." Simon replied, looking at the camera and chuckling.

They began playing the game before Simon's text tone rang and Josh just looked at him. Simon apologised before pulling it out.

"I told you to put it on silent." Josh paused the game, annoyed that Simon didn't follow the protocol of any normal video. Simon pushed it onto silent, reading the text was from Mallie before he put it away, only intrigued.

The game continued and they played a few more games before Josh ended the video. They said goodbye to the camera before Simon immediately pulled his phone out.

'Mallie
iMessage (6)'

He sat in the spinney chair and typed his password as Josh worked around him, turning off the camera and the microphone.

Mallie: so yeah its confirmed george is a giant asshole xx

Mallie: he was so horrible to me :(xx

Mallie: Alcohol pls save me x

Mallie: he called me a bitch and a liar and broke my new guitar - THAT HE BOUGHT ME!!xxx

Mallie: he found ur boxers lol im at the pub and im very drunk and i think im goin to drive home woops badman

Mallie: why u no reply cutie :(((( drinking alone is baaad

Simon spammed a reply, not wanting her to drive home if she was drunk.

Simon: Don't drive Mallie, where are you?

"Who's that?" Josh asked, wheeling Simon in the chair out of the way of his desk. Simon was hesitant to tell him after he had acted before. He just looked at Simon after he didn't reply and gave a weird expression. "Right, it's Mallie."

"She text me, okay?" Simon defended himself - not in the mood for Josh to get picky again.

"Whatever man." Josh tried to play it off as if it didn't annoy him. He knew he was irritating Simon but this only made Simon feel like he had to justify himself more.