> twenty three <

It was about a two months since Simon and Mallie had officially gotten together and the weather was slowly getting chillier as the season left summer.

The video they did together had really hit off and Mallie had only received a minimal amount of hate but she could deal with it. Since the video, she had recorded another video with Josh, Tobi and Simon doing a question an answer about things in school but they only briefly explained that they didn't like each other. Mallie sat by Josh as he edited it to try and avoid him using shots of where her scars were visible.

It was a cold Sunday morning and Mallie was tucked into Simon's body as her alarm sounded at eight in the morning. Simon groaned as it pulled him harshly back to consciousness when Mallie climbed out of his reach to start getting ready.

Her dad was coming over today, from Ohio, to visit her. She hadn't told him about Simon yet and he only knew she was staying at a friend's house since her apartment was destroyed.

Mallie was nervous of how her dad would react about Simon but she knew she needed to tell him and that was all. She was going to pick him up from the airport so she had to get up early. Simon rolled back over into the sheets and closed his eyes.

"I'm going to the airport to pick my dad up now Si," Mallie whispered after she got dressed into some comfy clothes. She pushed his shoulder lightly but the sound of him snoring lightly into his pillow suggested there was no sign of him replying any time soon. "See you soon."

After grabbing her keys and purse, Mallie jumped into her car and drove to Heathrow Terminal Five to meet her dad. She parked up and half skipped, half jogged over to arrivals as she was running a little late.

"Dad!" Mallie ran to her father who stood with open arms, a small black suitcase and a cheesy grin. He squeezed his adult daughter as they hugged.

"How is my favourite daughter?" He pulled her back and kissed her cheeks on either side. She rolled her eyes playfully at him before taking the handle of his suitcase and pulling it for him.

"I'm your only daughter so that doesn't mean much. But I'm good thank you, how was your flight?" Mallie giggled, happy to see her dad after about a year.

"Usual, but steady. God it's chilly over here." Mallie clicked open her doors and slid open the boot to her car. Her dad lifted the tiny suitcase into the back before they jumped in and started driving.

"You want to go get some breakfast at Coffee Shack?" Mallie offered, knowing thats where they always used to go.

"Only if Beatrice is still there."

• • •

"I'll get your food then I'll come over and have a chat." Mrs Green had beamed at the sight kf them and after a warm welcome, they sat down and began to talk about what had happened over the last year.

"Well I moved into that apartment after Uni and it was all dandy but..." Mallie explained properly. She had told him over the phone but not in detail.

"One coffee for you, and your peach lemonade Mal," Mrs Green leant on the table behind her, happy to see them together again. "Have you met the lucky boy yet then?"

Mallie froze as she dropped her right in it. Her dad raised an eyebrow looking between the pair of them. Mallie awkwardly laughed at her, making it apparent of what she'd just said.

"Who?" Her dad asked, leaning back in his chair to cross his arms. Mrs Green backed away from the table mouthing "I'm sorry" and returned to her duties.