> part eight <

"Oh my god, I said 'today' three times in that introduction." Tobi groaned. Everyone had gone back to the Sidemen other than Josh, Simon and Mallie as they needed to drop her off and Nick had called asking for some help moving the furniture in his apartment.

Tobi, Ethan, Vikk and JJ all sat down in JJ's to watch some of the footage Tobi had recorded. He took the SD-Card and used JJ's reader to get it up on the screen. He began editing whilst the other boys scattered around the room playing catch with an American football JJ had lying around.

"Should we pull a prank on Simon and Josh when they come back?" Vikk suggested, using two hands to catch the ball as he was stood by the doorway and didn't want it to go out of the room.

"That'd be funny," Ethan cheered, liking the idea. "What would we do though?"

JJ caught the ball then laid back as he was originally sitting at the edge. He rested the ball on his forehead and closed his eyes as he tried to think of something. They all stared blankly and they thought...

• • •

"No, because if the plural of Goose is Geese then why isn't the plural of Moose, Meese." Simon protested at the wheel of his car as he parked up next to Mallie's car at her apartment block. Josh and Mallie laughed to each other as the three of them had been debating the plural of Moose for ten minutes now and Simon wasn't giving up.

"Simon, let it go bro." Josh walked round the car and patted him on the shoulder. Simon locked the car after Mallie got her bag and climbed out. They walked in front of her as they walked into the lift. The doors tried to shut before Mallie stepped in but Simon used his foot and hand to stop them so Mallie could come in. They both blushed and smiled as they remembered when they first met again.

The lift began going up but as it reached the fourth floor,
BANG!
it jolted them up, knocking Mallie off her feet. It fell silent as nothing moved including them, scared the lift was going to drop. Mallie squealed in shock waiting for it to fall - thinking she was about to die.

They waited ten seconds before the lift began moving smoothly and all three of them let out the breath they didn't know they were holding.

Simon held a shaky hand out for Mallie to stand up and she took it with her weak hand and stood up. Scared, she buried herself into Simon's chest and he wrapped her arms around her. Her heart was racing in her chest as fear ran through her whole body.

Josh and Simon looked at each other with wide, worried eyes. They didn't speak until the lift pinged at the tenth floor and the three of them scrambled out. Simon kept an arm on Mallie's back as she walked out, looking for a number to call if the lift wasn't working.

"What the hell just happened?" Josh put his hands on his head, trying not to show how he had been so frightened. Mallie pulled out her phone and dialled a number she was reading. The boys could faintly hear the ringing through the speaker.

"Are you okay?" Simon mouthed to her, knowing she much of been petrified - he knew he was. Simon had watched a lot of films where being stuck in a lift was a bad thing and thinking about that didn't help.

"Yeah, just freaked me ou- Oh hello, is this the person I should be calling if..." Mallie was interrupted by somebody answering the phone. She picked up her bag and motioned for the boys to go do what they had to do in Nick's apartment. She was upset they were leaving as she had had such a good time with them today.