> part seventeen <

Simon's hand was still pressed lightly on her neck as they looked into each others, smiling. Mallie managed to contain her feeling which told her to sing and dance, as she felt as if her true place on this Earth had been found. He had made her so happy in that moment that she couldn't comprehend words.

Simon wanted to cry with happy tears but he didn't want to seem emotional. He held them back and focused on the moment when their lips touched for the first time, embedding it there forever. 

"I've wanted that for a long time." Simon managed to pull words together, letting his hand drop down her body and onto her warm thigh. She looked down, blushing, causing a curly bit of damp her to untuck from her ear. Simon pulled up her chin to look at him, sliding the hair back into place in one swift motion.

"Me too." Mallie admitted, giggling cutely as she grinned uncontrollably at him. She shuffled next to him more, resting her head on his shoulder as the sun beamed down on them and the water splashed small droplets onto their legs.

"You want to start slowly walking back?" Simon asked, not really wanting to move from this position ever - but feeling like he had to ask.

"Can we stay here a little longer?" Mallie looked up to him with a face that Simon couldn't refuse. He was glad she had said no.

"Sure." He wrapped an arm around their shoulder and they sat together, watching the waves.

• • •

"Should we fill Simon's spare boxer's with sand?" Harry suggested, holding his vlogging camera to his face. He panned across the group, seeing their reactions.

"That's such a sick prank." Freezy laughed, feeling sorry for whoever had had sand in their underwear.

"Nah, don't be mean to my baby." Ethan laughed, putting on a cute voice - making a few laugh and a few cringe.

"I think we should do it!" JJ's chuckle sounding a little evil. He looked around the beach before crawling over to Simon's bag. He pulled out Simon's black boxers. He checked they were clean before putting them on his head before taking a attempted group selfie, but only got a few of them in as he couldn't see.

He grabbed a handful of sand and threw it in the underwear. He rubbed it around a little, the sounds of giggles loud behind Harry's camera. JJ emptied the excess sand so it wasn't as obvious before putting them back into his bag and laying back down.

"You're a mean, mean man." Callux said sarcastically, sitting with an arm around Sarah who was grinning.

After ten minutes of random talk, Simon and Mallie emerged back along the sea line, unhooking their hands as they saw the crowd. Simon moved his hand to her lowerback. The feel of his hand there always made Mallie feel so safe.

"They return!" Tobi called, spotting them first as they were in recognisable distance. Mallie felt a little self-conscious that she had a huge smile on her face so she went and sat next to Sarah on her towel, who invited her too. Simon sat by Ethan's feet, who was sunbathing.

"You look a little sunburnt mate." Simon half-chuckled, pointing to Ethan's shoulders. Ethan sat up, observing his shoulders. Without even asking, Simon took his suncream and began applying more of it to his back and shoulders.

"Emon on tour." Vikk cracked a joke, making everyone chuckle a little. The boys began talking about how that trend had started in a GTA V video, getting passionate and heated im debate as Sarah once again, nudged Mallie's arm.

"Where did you and Simon go?" She asked, not implying anything in her voice. Mallie had to manually control her smile, failing slightly as she spoke.