> part fifteen <

The clock had just pushed into the afternoon as Mallie woke up; for some reason her body had let her sleep a full fifteen hours sleep without awakening yet when she woke up she still felt tired.

Her movements were sore and her joints felt stiff so she stretched carefully as she walked into the bathroom. The door was open so when Simon walked out of his bedroom, he saw Mallie standing at the mirror, taking the tape off her face.

"Afternoon," Simon stretched, speaking with the groggy morning voice he had each time he'd just woken up. Mallie found it amusing that the pair of them had both emerged from their slumber at the same time. Mallie stood just in a long teeshirt and knickers which she wore to bed and Simon, just in a pair of Calvin Klein boxers that Mallie couldn't help identifying for a brief second. "How you feeling today?"

He walked into the bathroom with her, standing behind and looking at her face in the reflection - his heigh allowing him to look over her.

"Bit sore and stiff, happy to be taking this off." She carefully pulled the dressing off, revealing a harshly scratched face and a deep cut on her forehead. She pouted sadly as Simon had only just seen it for the first time, along with Mallie.

"Ouch." Simon said, wanting to take the pain from her. She nodded, using a wipe and some water to dab it gently. When it was done, there was no dried blood so the cuts looked a little smaller and neater, but Mallie felt ugly.

She tried to do the biggest cut, but found herself struggling.

"Let me." Simon offered. He took the wipe from her and she leant on the edge of the sink, facing him as he lightly pressed and wiped the clean wipe across her skin. He apologised every time she winced.

"Thank you, Simon." She smiled, raising her head slightly to look at him whilst he focused on her - sticking his tongue out a little. Mallie giggled at it and Simon noticed, sucking it back in and smiling.

"Don't laugh at my concentration face." He chuckled, taking his hand away as he did so as it made it shake a little.

"I'm not," she laughed, lying a tad. "It's cute."

Simon smiled, pushing a hand along the back of her neck as he dabbed the last few bits away. He tried to conceal his smile but Mallie could see through him.

"All done," He took her hand and pulled her up by her hands in the small bathroom. She took right before his bare chest. She removed her hands from his and placed them on his lower torso, grabbing his side a little. Simon rested his arms over her shoulders and Mallie moved it into a hug.

She laid the left side of her face on his chest, closing her eyes as her skin touched his. He wrapped his arms gently around the back of her head, not squeezing but still hugging back.

"Please don't go back yet." Simon looked into the mirror where he could see the reflection of them two as well as her face. She opened her eyes to look at him back through the mirror.

"I can't stay here, Simon." Mallie pulled out of the hug, feeling as if his warmth alone could change her mind. Simon dropped his arms to his sides, stepping backwards so Mallie could move around the bathroom.

She walked out and didn't know Simon followed her to stand in the doorway. She leant over slowly, holding her back, to pick up the suitcase which she had put under her bed. Simon forced himself to look away as her top pulled up, revealing the baby blue lacey knickers she was wearing. Simon bit into his lip and turned away as she turned around, noticing he was there now.

She packed up, with Simon's help and asked him to leave for a while whilst she had a shower and got dressed. She took all of her bathroom products and put them in the suitcase. Once everything was packed away and Simon had got dressed, he helped her downstairs although she managed to do the majority of it by herself. He carried her suitcase downstairs and left it by the front door and then joined Mallie, JJ and Josh in the kitchen.