> part twenty two <

"Fuck," Simon groaned as the dust of the walls fell on top of the lift which had just smashed through the ground floor. They both had been launched into the top of the lift and then to the floor. Luckily, the lift hadn't collapsed in on them. "Mallie? You okay?"

Simon pushed himself to stand up, holding his hand out towards a stiff Mallie who tried to move up off the floor.

"I'm fine, what about you?" She croaked out, scared and jolted. She took Simon's hand and he pulled her to her feet. The alcohol in their system still messing with them a little. As they stood up, Mallie drove straight into Simon's arms, fearing for her life as her heart pounded out of her chest.

"I'm okay; just calm down. We'll be out of here in no time." Simon pulled her away by her shoulders, brushing a piece of hair off her face to find a deep cut where she'd hit the wall. Her drink was stopping her from feeling any pain at that moment.

Simon sat her down, her back against the lift wall that was most stable and stood his jacket off so she could hold it on her head.

He moved to the doors, trying to pull them apart but they were jammed.

"Si, just stop. Somebody was bound to have heard the elevator crash - It was loud enough. We'll be out soon." Mallie breathed out, her chest hurting a little after watching him struggle for a good ten minutes. He slumped down next to her and she rested her head on his shoulder, still holding the sleeve of his jacket on her head.

"I think my phone is broken." Simon pulled his phone out of his pocket to find the screen completely destroyed. Mallie reached into her small hand bag to find her phone in tact but out of charge.

"Nope, mine's dead." Mallie sighed, wanting a cry a little in the dim, dusty, broken elevator.

She screamed and Simon covered her with his body as a bit of large concrete landed on the top of the lift, having only just completely disconnected from the top of the elevator shaft - making a loud bang. They looked up to see a small dent where it hit the hefty metal.

Simon crawled off of her and pulled her into a hug, her crying a little now.

"You probably think I'm trying to kill you." Mallie weeped into his chest as he hushed her.

"Don't be stupid, Mallie. You wouldn't do that." Simon stroked her hair out of her wound, trying to push it over the top of her head but it wouldn't stay.

"I really like you, Si." Mallie hung her head down but Simon pushed it up by the chin. He wanted to stop the bleeding mainly but he took it as a chance to kiss her gently.

"I more than like you, Mallie." Simon huffed a little with a smile.

"Don't say it yet, it's too soon." Mallie warned him. Simon wanted to say it. He was almost sure it was true. Everything about her he loved, he wanted to be with her for as long as he could plan. He dreamt about introducing her to his fans as his girlfriend, but more; his lover. In his near death experiences, he always thought of how it would affect her. He was all about her.

"I want to say it." Simon mumbled but Mallie shook her head, standing up and looking at the doors.

"Simon, we've been together a day." Mallie faced away from him, feeling as if she rushed into something she wasn't ready for and she physically couldn't escape.

"I've never felt this way." Simon replied, wanting to speak his mind.

"I'm not ready!" Mallie protested, shouting a little before turning around again, crying into her hands. Instantaneously, Simon felt bad. He jumped up and pulled her into his chest. She kept her hands over her face so he just wrapped himself around her, ignoring the fact she was bleeding onto his shirts.