> part two <

Mallie was woken up by her phone buzzing on her bedside table. It travelled across it then fell off, disconnecting itself from the charger. Mallie slithered out the side of the bed, using her hand to stop her falling and the other to grab her phone. She managed to answer it in time.

"Hello?" Mallie pulled the phone back quickly to check the caller ID - Dad. "You okay, dad?"

"Hey, I won't keep you long because it costs a lot to call you from here," Mallie's dad moved to Ohio after he split up with her mother when she was eleven. They only ever skyped but occasionally he would call and moan about the costs. "I was just wondering if you had settled in yet."

"Yeah, I'm here. George came over yesterday, welcomed me and helped me unpack so everything is good. Might go down to the grave tonight, say hello." Mallie referred to the cemetery which was a mile walk from where she lived. Mallie's Dad liked to hear that Mallie would go and visit her grandmother's grave when she could to make up for him not going there. He was very spiritual and he liked to believe talking to the grave would communicate. Mallie did it because it helped her grieve at the time but now, it was like she had somebody to listen when she needed to talk.

"Well, thanks. I'm sure she's missed you." This made Mallie smile, knowing that she could make him happy. "Well, as long as you're well, have fun back at home. I'll come see you soon."

Mallie said bye to her father before hanging up and jumping out of bed. She checked her clock, 11:55. She had an hour and five minutes to get ready to meet Simon. She was positive about it, but she was nervous. She was nervous that he might still be the same guy that ripped her hair out and poured acid on her hand for a laugh.

She jumped in the shower, soaping up her body and washing her hair. Whilst the conditioner was in, Mallie looked at her scars. They were always more visible when her hands were wet. She rubbed them, the skin more sensitive and damaged than the rest. Mallie returned to washing out her hair products and then got out, dressing into her towel. She walked into her bedroom, dropping her towel and finding a pair of underwear to put on. After that, she opened her curtains to see a bright, sunny May noon. She assumed it was warm outside so she grabbed a pair of black denim, worn shorts and a white, dance teeshirt. It hung lose over her slim body, accented the curves she did have. She pulled a baggy grey sweater from her wardrobe and threw it over her shoulder before getting a pair of white trainer socks and sliding them over her deep red painted toes.

She walked into her open plan living, dining and kitchen area and went to the fridge. She grabbed some plain yogurt, blueberries, and strawberries the remains of a Bran Cereal. She hoped they were all safe to eat as that was all she had travelled with yesterday. Mixing them in a small bowl, she grabbed a spoon and sat at the island counter on her phone as she ate.

She scrolled through her instagram. She seemed to see loads of people posting that she knew from when she was here before. There was a few people from her Uni that she met, but it seemed like now she was back, she noticed them more. She finished her yogurt and put the spoon and bowl in the sink. Mallie headed for the bathroom and looked in the mirror. On the bathroom side was her unpacked make-up. She dived through it, applying a thin layer of foundation, eyeliner, mascara and organised her brows. Mallie found some lip balm and put them on her lips. When she was done, she took a quick pouty selfie on her phone and then checked the time. 12:30. She grabbed her keys and slid on her baggy grey sweater as she got to the door. After turning of the lights, Mallie locked her door and jumped in the lift.

She walked into town, not bothering to take her car as it wasn't far away and the weather was comfortably warm. She had got to Coffee Shack before Simon had so she had no apprehensions about running into the shop after she saw Mrs Green behind the counter.