> part twelve <

Mallie sat up, crossing her legs and looked at Simon who was a bit startled. She giggled, trying to make herself a little less nervous but it only made Simon tense. He copied her, sitting up. The pair looked at each other; Simon's mouth was open and twitching as he tried to gather what to reply.

"I don't know what I'd do." Simon spoke quietly, confused with his eyes once again fixated on her lips. Mallie looked down and smiled at her legs, hiding her face from Simon's gaze.

"Is it what you'd want?" Mallie asked, looking forward again. She fiddled with the lace on her sock, rolling it between her index finger and thumb.

As Simon went to reply, heavy footsteps echoed outside the two so the two of them pushed to either side of the bed and Mallie grabbed her laptop just as Josh looked into Simon's room
first. He soon realised they were in Mallie's room and rested on the doorway.

"Yo," Josh panted a little, tired from the stairs. The room was quiet but the two of them smiled. "What you guys doing?"

When Simon didn't know what to say because he panicked, Mallie had to speak up.

"Simon just helped set up my laptop. I have to start working sometime this year." Mallie chuckled and he returned one.

"Oh right, fair enough," Josh walked into the room, playing with the curtain which had folded onto the shelf a little. "Do you want to record Simon?"

Simon didn't want to go anywhere. He wanted to stay there and stare at the girl next to him but he didn't want to Josh to know that. He nodded before patting Mallie on the foot, weakly smiling at her before the pair left the room.

Mallie threw herself back down onto the bed and groaned into her pillow. She laid here for a while and organised her thoughts.

Let's just face the facts Mallie, she thought to herself. You like him. You really really fancy him. Does it matter about your history? I don't think so. Does it matter that George would be really angry? It shouldn't....

Don't you think Josh has been acting a bit funny about you and Simon though?

Yes.

• • •

Mallie had fallen asleep after getting frustrated with her thoughts for another hour. She had gotten changed and vowed to have a shower in the morning without seeing the boys. She felt exposed, like everybody could tell she had feelings for Simon. Mallie felt awkward being in the house in this situation.

Mallie grabbed her towel and had a quick shower, using her hair products and soap she brought herself. She put them on the shelf in the bathroom neatly, not wanting to make herself too at home.

She got dressed into some black jeans and threw a grey adidas hoodie on without a top underneath. Mallie blowdried her hair, straightened and clipped a bit back before applying some very simple make-up. She was only trying to elongate the time she stayed upstairs as she didn't want to go downstairs.

Her hunger got too much around lunchtime so she had to go downstairs. She went slowly and quietly, waving at Vikk as she passed him. They had a brief conversation where Vikk informed her that JJ and himself were fine with her staying there for as long as she needed and to help herself to food.

In the kitchen was Josh. She was hesitant to go in at first until she saw him when he smiled at her. He was making a sandwich in the messiest fashion.