> part nineteen <

It was late morning when Mallie woke up. She turned her head to look at Simon who's arm was thrown over her as if they'd hadn't moved all night. She smiled, the sound of him quietly snoring, his messy hair and the sensation of their skin warmed her heart a little.

Mallie didn't moved for a while, closing her eyes and thinking about the boy behind her. They'd come so far since they had met. From enemies, to best friends, to something more. Mallie thought about the kisses - oh, the kissing. Her stomach went numb, her cheeks warming.

Mallie wiped her eyes with her hand, the smell of the sea still strong on her skin. She lifted up Simon's arm, sliding out from his grasp and laying him flat down on his front as she stood up, standing in her underwear. She smiled a little, looking at a peaceful Simon as he stirred, bending his arm under his head, showing his arm muscles. She walked to the drawers in the room, looking for some sort of blanket or towel to cover up with or take to the shower.

"Come back." Simon shuffled in the bed, making Mallie jump. He looked over her shoulder to see him stretching in the bed, staring at her petite, toned body from behind. She giggled a little, walking slowly back over to the bed.

"I was going to have a shower but I can't find a towel or anything." Mallie was pulled back under the covers by Simon, who's eyes were barely open acquainted with a cheeky smirk on his face. He pulled her to lay down and hovered over her lips.

"You're so beautiful," Simon's hand ran along her side. Ever since he'd kissed her, she plagued his mind. Even when he was sleeping, all he could think about was her.

He always wanted to kiss her,

to touch her skin, her body.

He wanted to be next to her, to protect her at all costs.

It was as Simon pressed his lips down onto her once more, their eyes fluttered shut and their lips tenderly brushing, that he knew.

He wanted to be with her.

• • •

"Where's Mallie?" Josh asked, cracking an egg into the frying pan in the kitchen. Simon had come downstairs and poured Josh and himself a glass of apple juice whilst Josh cooked.

"In the shower." Simon rubbed his forehead, a headache from last nights drinking lurking at the front of his head.

"You two were pretty close again yesterday." Josh used a spatula to move the frying egg in the pan trying not to make it stick. The left corner of Simon's mouth arose, as he fiddled with the rim of his glass.

Josh put the egg on some prebuttered toast and handed Simon the plate, turning off the stove and sitting opposite him. Simon looked up at him, trying to avoid smiling but failing - leading to them chuckling.

"Mate, I've proper fallen for her." Simon admitted for the first time out loud, looking dead into Josh's eyes who showed compassion.

"Did anything happen?" Josh asked, winking at Simon with some cheeky hand gestures.

"We just kissed at the beach, and then when we got home..a lot." Simon rubbed his palms flat over his face, half to try and cope with his realisation, half to cover the huge smile on his face.

"Aye, don't think I didn't hear you sneak into her room last night, heavy foot boy. You were drunk as fuck." Josh laughed, brushing a few crumbs off the counter. Simon found himself doing the regular, allowing his cheeks to warm at the apple.

"We didn't do anything," Simon defended. "Just; got undressed and slept. God, she's so good looking."

"You told me that last night, 'God, she's so fit' were your words or something." Josh stood up, putting his glass in the sink and washing it up.