> part ten <

Simon awoke an hour later, restless. He pulled his arm carefully off of Mallie and used his sleeve to wipe his forehead which was slightly damp. He looked down at this chest where Mallie laid soundly.

Simon shuffled slowly, trying to get his phone from his pocket. After several feeble attempts, he retrieved it and quickly turned the brightness down before it blinded him in the dark room.

Josh
iMessage (2)

Vikk
iMessage

Using one hand, he unlocked his phone to read them.

Josh: I'm sorry mate, got some things on my mind so soz for acting up a bit. when you back?

Vikk: are you back tonight?

Josh: are you ok? reply pls

Simon composed his reply to Josh;

Its ok, need to talk to you tho... and she fell asleep on me so should i come back in morning or wake her up??

He then replied to Vikk, struggling to use one hand to text;

Idk mate, not sure yet...do we have any of thag concealer left from the make up vid btw? dont ask lol

Simon pressed his hand to his face and winced, immediately regretting it. His face had swollen more and Simon could just tell it was visible and purple. He thought about how he was going to upload a video with this but then looked down to Mallie again. He swept back her hair so he could see her face more - then he smiled.

Josh: just stay there and come back tomorrow, why you need to talk?

Simon: somethinf about me amd something about you, ill explain when i see you, night zerk

It wasn't long before Simon drifted back off to sleep.

• • •

When he woke up, Mallie wasn't on his lap but the sound of sizzling and the smell of bacon was thick in the the air. He was more under the covers than he remembered being so he stretched and climbed out if the bed, still wearing all his clothes from yesterday. As he walked out the door, he saw Mallie in the kitchen, wearing her long top which barely covered her bottom, taking bacon from the pan and putting it into buttered bread. He smiled and observed her body before she turned, startled.

"Oh, you're awake, I was going to bring this to you...you like bacon right?" Mallie asked, sounding very unorganised and uncalibrated. She went to turn around and knocked a few sets of cutlery the floor. She jumped as a knife hit the floor, not wanting it to hit her.

Mallie groaned with frustration. She pulled at her hair quickly before beginning to pick up a knife and fork.

"Here let me help," Simon walked over as quick as he could, sensing she was stressed.

"No it's okay, you've done enough for me already." Mallie took the cutlery from him and put it into the sink. She motioned for him to sit down at the table and he complied. She was very panicky and edgy and Simon could tell easily. He smiled at her, unsure of what to do but she just looked at him, upset in her eyes.

"What's wrong? Come and sit down." Simon pointed to the seat next to him but she shook her head, frantically running around trying to tidy up. She took Simon his food and as she went to walk away, he grabbed her wrist - halting her. "Hey, come on. Calm down."