Chapter 5

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5:

I felt D'Angelo's bottom lip slice slightly as my teeth dug into his lip. His cruse rang through the kitchen and he pulled back his hand coming up to his bottom lip as I pushed away from him and breathing heavily. I could taste his blood on my lip, the bitter metallic taste making my stomach lurch as I dry heaved from the flavor and tried to regain some air into my lungs from D'Angelo's kiss.

"Are you insane!" he yelled, his hard body turning towards me his eyes cold and harsh, filled with anger.

My eyes watered slightly at the sight of him. I knew he was dangerous. He was in the Mafia for Christ sake! But I never had imagined that he would look this scary or intimidating and it frightened me.

My hand shook as it came up to cover my mouth and I held back a whimper. He looked so threatening like a predator hungry for his prey and I was that prey, one the he would have been delighted to rip to shreds.

"Kira!" his low voice growled menacingly. It was no longer husky and sexy like it had been a few seconds ago. No, now it was frightening, and my body shook slightly in fear.

He took a step forward as I took a step back my butt hitting the counter and I knew I was trapped.

"Kira" his voice was less of a menacing growl but it still made me shiver in fear as he came closer to me. "You shouldn't have done that Kira"

I whimpered as his body pressed against mine trapping me, the hard contours of his chiseled body making me want to melt but I was too fearful of him to let myself give in. I stared at his face as I watched him lick a little bit of blood of his lips as his eyes scoped down my body leaving a hot needing trail. His body pressed harder against mine making me know as I felt just how excited he was.

I small sob escaped me, fearful that he would force himself on me. Not like he hadn't before but this was slightly different this was out of anger not lust, I didn't welcome this like I secretly had the other times when his body was pressed up against mine. I didn't want this, I didn't want to be forced to be with him, he was just too frightening.

"D'Angelo!" Alberto's voice sounded. By the volume I could tell he was in the hallway and my body sagged in relief, I was saved. I was literally saved by a mobster I never thought the day would come when I would want to go up to Alberto Calabrese and kiss him and thank him with my life.

D'Angelo's body stiffened against mine and he growled lowly in his throat as he buried in head in the crook of my neck and shoulder. I held my breath as I stood there frozen with his body pinning mine to the counter and his face in my neck. I was scared because I had no idea what he was going to do.

"D'Angelo, we are leaving. I think it would be best if you removed yourself from young Kira" Alberto's voice came from the doorway.

I quietly cursed under my breath as the position we were in and hoped none of my family were with Alberto and looking at us.

D'Angelo sighed heavily his body sagging against mine as all the tension left his body. His lips trailed against my neck making me shiver as he pressed his hips against mine. His lips trailing up my neck until he reached my ear. My heart pounded heavily, and I forced myself to not freak out, I had no idea what D'Angelo was going to do, or how his grandfather was reacting to this, but I thanked god that my back was facing Alberto so that I couldn't see him.