Chapter 13

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13:

"I can't believe I haven't heard from you for a week you bitch!"

I winced as Adrianna screamed down the phone at me. I didn't mean to be so busy, but work had been hectic, and I hadn't had time to call her or catch up for coffee. The last time I had spoken to her was the morning after my first date with Donavan, where she has painfully squeezed every single detail out of me.

"I'm sorry Adri" I mumbled.

"Sorry my ass! You puttana!" (Whore) she scoffed. "How could you not tell me you had gone on another date with Don! You took away my opportunity to dress you up, your brother had destroyed my other chance and now you ruin this one for me!"

I rolled my eyes at how dramatic she was being and picked up a folder full of documents on the floor beside me before dropping it on my desk with a loud thud.

"He literally just called me Adri, I'm on the phone with you now" I explained to her.

Donavan had called me two minutes ago one a whim and the second I got off the phone with him I rang Adri. Before our first date I had made up my mind that it was going to be a onetime only thing. of course, we'd had a lovely time but not enough to change my mind about another date. Well, I guess until now. The next morning I still told myself again that the date with Donavan was a onetime only thing, but for some reason when he asked me out a second time I just felt the need to say yes, he'd caught me off guard, while I was trying to organize my calendar of client meetings which probably worked in his favor, but I didn't see any harm in seeing him again. I knew our second date wouldn't have been a disappointment considering our first one was so nice. I could feel myself getting more comfortable around him by the minute, though there were always thoughts of a certain someone creeping in the back of my mind. My mind drifted to a certain dark-haired green-eyed handsome stranger I couldn't help myself but follow through.

"Hello earth to Kira!"

I jumped at the sound of Adrianna's voice.

"Sorry" I muttered as I shook away the mental images of D'Angelo and scolded myself for thinking of him.

It didn't matter what I did or who I was with, I just couldn't stop thinking about the sexy mafia man and to make things worse I had started to dream about him. The erotic dreams had only left me frustrated and angry, making me snap at people half the time especially my brother when he had tried to bring up the incident at club Sessuale again. I swear than man was never going to let that go and I was going to start getting creative with ways to dodge the subject. I honestly couldn't handle him anymore.

"So, would you like to explain yourself?" Adrianna questioned.

I rolled my eyes at her persistence; she always knew how to thrust someone into this kind of situation, and I was left with the option of telling her everything or nothing at all. Of course, there was the other option of lying, but if I lied to her then she would hunter me down and demand answers, my best way out was just to tell her everything.

"Where do you want me to start?" I sighed reluctantly. Even though there was nothing to tell. The man literally asked me out a few minutes ago.

Usually I never had a problem with telling Adrianna these types of things, dates, intimate things, hell even the stuff with D'Angelo, but right now when she was like this I never felt comfortable spilling the beans, she was like a lioness hunting after their prey when she was in this kind of mood, she didn't miss a single thing and when she found the time to point it whatever she had picked up she would pounce.