Chapter 51

Copyrights © 2018 Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More gun fire went off as I clung to D'Angelo's hard body. I was frozen place but weak. My side was burning and the only thing holding me up was D'Angelo's arm around my waste. His body was ridged in place the only slight movement was from the kick back of his gun as he fired a few more bullets. As the ringing of fire went out silence took over in the ally besides the distant wale of sirens. The cops were definitely on their way. My lips quivered as I went to open my mouth to say something but D'Angelo grunted cutting me off before picking me up and cradling me in his arms. He hurried to a blacked out SUV and placed me in the back buckling me in before running around the car and getting behind the wheel.

Everything came whirling back to me as D'Angelo sped away from the club. "D'Angelo what about Adrianna?!" I said worriedly.

"She's fine!" He snapped.

My breathe caught in my throat. He'd been mad at me before but never like this. The tone in his voice was deadly, almost threatening. My hands shook in my lap from the fear of his voice. He was more than angry he was deadly and I didn't blame him. If I was in his position I would be the exact same. The rest of the ride back to D'Angelo's complex was silent. I clutched my side being careful of my breath as D'Angelo drive like a bat out of hell to get back. His driving making me move around in the seat. I tried to stay as still as possible.

It was more likely than not from the fall down the stairs that my ribs were broken or fractured and that was gonna be a long slow recovery. The car was silent as D'Angelo waved in and out of traffic I could see from the slither between the side of the car and the drivers seat that D'Angelo was clutching the steering wheel tightly in between shifting gears. His shoulders rising up and down heavily as he breathed, no doubt trying to calm his anger.

I gnawed on my lip not knowing what to do. I wanted to speak but at the same time I didn't. I didn't know what to say, or if I should say anything at all. I was scared to speak in fear that D'Angelo might bite my head off again. Of course, again, I couldn't blame him.

I decided to stay quiet and let D'Angelo simmer down. My heart as still hammering in my chest from everything that had happened seconds ago. I was trying to slow my heart by breathing but my side pained. Something was definitely broken.

I had to brace my hand on the driver seat in front of me as the car cam to a screeching holt. Looking out the dark window I saw we were back at D'Angelo's compound. Everything had gone so quickly. Of course it could've been because D'Angelo had driven like a psycho. I could tell by his driving that he was still angry, that or he was worried we were being followed. We were lucky to have gotten out of there when we did without seeing a single cop car. I could hear sirens but the softened the further we got away and closer to the compound.

D'Angelo got out the car the front do slamming as he shut it before all but ripping my door open. I flinched as he reached around me his hand grazing my flank as he unbuckled my belt. I kept my eyes down not being able to look at D'Angelo's face. I was fearful he'd say something or give me a look. He was much gentler this time as slipped his arm under my knees and his hand behind my back hoisting me up against his chest.

His stride was sure but careful as he carried me towards the front door. I could hear yelling in the background. The shrill screeching of Adrianna voice faint and muffled. Even if she was screaming about something at least I knew she had made it back to the house safely. Or at least I hoped safely, that man that grabbed her must have been someone working for D'Angelo or Gino.