Chapter 4- He what?!

Rey's POV
I was feeding Rose dinner when the news came on, hitting me like a brick.

"It was earlier this night that the young life of Conner Merlyn was taken-" I drop the spoon I was holding, hearing my boyfriends name. Conners dead?

"-Since then, two suspects have been taken into custody, including the son of Oliver Queen, Robert Queen. No one has seen or heard from Mr. Queen since the death of his wife six months ago..." I turn off the TV, bolting to my room to get my phone.

I text Conner, hoping that he will answer me. Tears spill over as I wait for a response.

My own brother has been arrested for the murder of my boyfriend. Which side am I supposed to be on?!

Without thinking I find myself outside my fathers door, knocking.

"Dad... Please come out... I need you."

I stand there for an hour, before I hear Rose calling for me again. Giving up I go get her out of the seat, setting her on the ground to play with her toys. 

My phone begins to ring and I answer it to hear my aunt.

"Rey? Are you okay? I just saw the news..."

"I-I'm fine... But what about Conner and Rob?"

"Everything will be okay. I'm coming to get you and Rose. You're going to stay with your grandmother." Having no more fight left, I finally give in. I pack two bags, with everything we need before hearing the front door open.

"Aunt Thea?"

"Hey sweetheart... Ready to go?" I nod my head.

"I'm going to try to talk to my brother before we go. You take Rose out of the car. Roy is waiting out there."

"Okay." I lift Rose in my arms taking her out to the car, before remembering the photo under my bed.

"Uncle Roy?"

"Ya?"

"I'll be right back, I forgot something."

"Alright Kiddo." As I walk inside I can hear Thea and my father in a heated argument.

"She's not coming back Ollie! But if you don't soon, you're going to loose everyone who cares about you!"

"I've already lost everything..." I gasp, hearing my fathers voice for the first time in weeks.

"That's not true! You have three kids who need you right now! Especially your son!"

"They're better off without me."

"You know what, I'm starting to think that's true. They're coming to stay with me until my brother shows up again." I hear the door open, and slip into my room. Grabbing the photo, I tuck it into my back pocket.

I'm the last one in the car, Rose already clipped into her car seat.

"You get what you were looking for?"

"Yeah... Let's go." I close the car door, clipping the seat belt into place.

I must have fallen asleep during the car ride, because when I wake up I'm in the guest bedroom at my aunts apartment.

Walking into the kitchen I see Conners parents and my aunt speaking.

"Mrs. Merlyn, Mr. Merlyn?" They all turn their attention to me.

"I-I'm really sorry about Conner." His mother walks over and wraps me in her arms tightly.

"Everything is going to alright Rey. We are going to do everything we can to get your brother released."

"You are?"

"Rey, we've been friends with your parents for years. I know your brother wouldn't do something like this."

"Thank you..."