Chapter 17- School and the Shrink

Rey's POV
I step out of the limo, Rob following behind me. All around us, I can feel the glares on me and my brother.

"I can't believe they actually think he's innocent..." I hear some girls whisper behind me in the hall later that day.

"My brother is innocent." I snap, loosing my temper.

"As if. He killed Conner."

"You honestly think I would think he killed my boyfriend?!"

"Some girlfriend you were." They walk away laughing.

"Thanks Rey." I turn around and see my brother.

"I'm guessing your day hasn't been any better than mine?"

"Probably worse. Every where I go I'm called a murderer."

"Don't let them get to you... If you do, then they win. Everyone that matters knows you didn't kill him."

"What difference will it make? If everyone here thinks I did... Then I might as well be."

"Rob..." He walks away, his fists clenched.

"Your brother is something different..." I turn and see Sara Diggle, my only friend left.

"He's under a lot of stress."

"You don't need to worry, I understand."

"Thanks Sara..."

"You're doing what you can to help, but you can't carry all the weight on your shoulders."

"The last thing my dad needs to worry about is some stupid bullies. He's already making me go see a shrink today after school."

"Just say the truth." She places a hand on my shoulder before walking away.

"Awe... Poor Rey, loose your only friend?" I slam my locker shut before walking down the hall.

I get into the car after school, Mr. Diggle picking us up.

"Hey you two, how was school?" We both mutter fine, before heading home.

"Dad, we're home!" Rob heads straight to his room, Rose running over to me.

"Hey there Rosy..." I bend down, feeling her scarlet cheeks.

"Dad?" He walks into the room, worry covering his face as soon as he sees mine.

"She feels really warm..." I pass her to my father, and he immediately feels her cheeks.

"She's probably caught something. "

"Well then I guess I'll have to miss the appointment with the shrink."

"Your grandmother can watch Rose, you are still going."

Half an hour later, he's dragging me into the office of Dr. Lee Thompson.

"Dad... I'm fine, see?" I place a smile on my face, but he doesn't buy it.

"Mr. Queen, great to finally meet you." A dark haired woman walks into the hall, and I finally give up the fight.

"You must be Rey, it's great to meet you."

"Hi..."

"So would you like your father in the room or not?"

"I'll be fine."

"Okay then, right this way." She leads me off to a room. I glance over my shoulder to my father, before the door closes.

"So, your father has shared some concerns he has."

"He's just one of those parents that worries too much."

"I see. Was your mother the same?" I purse my lips, seeing how she's trying to get into my head.

"Not really."

"What was your mother like?"

"She was my mother." This is going to be long...