Chapter 23- Sara

Robs POV
I stand there staring at the girl in front of me. She's a year older than Rey and I, but we've always been in classes together. If I'm going to be honest, I've had a crush on her since I first saw her.

"Sara... What are you doing here?" She purses her lips, staring at the ground. I watch as a blush rises on her cheeks.

"Um... Rey invited me over."

"Oh..."

"But if you guys are busy, I can go."

"No! I-I mean it's fine. You can stay."
Her face lights up, our gazes meeting.

"Thanks. Oh and happy birthday." She pecks me on the cheek before heading inside. Every inch, no centimeter, of anger floods out of me in an instant.

"I know that look..." I turn and see my mom standing behind me.

"What look?" I say, making sure my face shows no emotion.

"Robbie, I am sorry for what I did. You may not understand, but I was trying to protect you..." She walks forward, cupping my cheek with her hand. I can see the sadness in her eyes.

Finally I give in, hugging her tightly. Tears escape both of our eyes, as much as I try to stop it.

"You will always be my baby boy. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, but I believed in you the entire time..."

"I know..." I say, finally allowing myself to forgive my mother.

"That's my boy." She steps back, giving me her signature look. The very one that was usually reserved for my father.

"Now... Can we go enjoy your birthday?"

"Yep." She leads me to the sitting room in the manor, where all of our closest friends and family are.

My gaze catches Sara, and I smirk, causing a blush to rise up her cheeks.

"Robbie!" My five year old cousin runs up to me, her short hair in pig tails.

My aunt and my other aunt walk over. Sara and Nyssa Lance, the worlds most flattering couple.

"Hey there kid, happy birthday." Sara ruffles my hair, and I attempt to swat her away.

"Is that how you treat a lady?" I shake my head, making my way towards My Sister and Sara Diggle.

As they see me coming, they begin to whisper to each other, then burst out laughing. Everyone is the room glancing to see what's going on.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing... I'll be back." Rey skips away, heading towards Rose. Sara immediately begins to stare at the floor.

"Something wrong?" Her head snaps up, looking alarmed.

"Nothing wrong, I just always managed to make myself look stupid around you, no matter what..."

"You really think that?"

"Well your super popular, or were, but I'm pretty sure that would make anyone nervous."

"I'm just a person." Our gazes catch, and I feel my heart racing. Don't wimp out now Queen. Too late.

"Thanks for coming Sara, it's nice to know I still have a friend. "

"I always knew you were innocent."

"We'll see you around."