Chapter 49-Ryan Beck Queen

Rey's POV
After our heart to heart talk, our brother finally decides to make an appearance.

"What's... Going on?" He says, yawning in the process.

"Mom and Dad went to the hospital."

"Baby?"

"Yep. I'm gonna be a big sister!" He smiles, rolling his eyes at our baby sister. She runs over to Robert, and he lifts her into his arms.

"How long do you will think it will take?"

"Well the paperwork alone will take about an hour... So it could be a day."

"So we're stuck here until they get home?"

"They wouldn't even let me come with them."

"You were gonna leave me alone with Rose?"

"And what's so wrong with that?!" The little girl screeches in his ear, making me double over laughing.

"You have a good set of lungs Rosy."

"Mommy says I'd make a good singer one day."

"I bet you will."He sets the little girl down and she runs over to her toys that sit in a couple of bins near a fire place. She begins to occupy herself, and I wonder what having a new baby will be like.

After going through what we did with Rose, I thought my parents had their fill of kids. She had gone through a year and a half of physical therapy and speech therapy, so she could catch up to her normal age range. It had taken less time than doctors had expected, but they figured out very early on that Rose was an extremely intelligent girl.

"Rey, is that your phone?" Snapping out of my day dream, I answer the ringing device.

"Hello?"

"Rey, they just took the birth mother into a c-section, but we should have a baby soon." My mom says excitedly, and I can barely make out what she's saying.

"Why are they doing a c-section?

"They said that the baby is breached, but they should be fine afterwards."

"Alright. Call me the moment you see the baby."

"I will."

"Love you mom."

"Love you too sweetheart." She hangs up and Rob sits there waiting for an explanation.

"We are going to have a baby brother or sister within the next couple of hours."

"Great." Robbie runs a hand through his hair, flopping down on the sofa.

"What's your problem?"

"Sara and I were supposed to go on a date, if you wanted to know."

"A breakfast date?"

"Yep."

"Oh well, she'll understand." He rolls his eyes before standing up and heading back to his room. It's close to five in the morning now, and I'm exhausted.

My phone vibrates and I see a text from Ben.

Hey! Good morning❤️

I smile to myself seeing the message, just like every other day around the same time. He has to live with his dad during the school year, but we see each other when we can.

"Anyone home?" I here my dads voice from the back entrance, and get excited.

The first person I see is my mom, followed by my dad holding a car seat.

"Guys, come meet your little brother Ryan Beck Queen."