Chapter 7- Run Away

Rey's POV
I place a kiss on Rosy's head before grabbing my bag and closing the door behind me. Thea has no right to keep me away from my dad, and if it takes running to prove that, then so be it.
I sprint across an empty parking lot, using my phone as a map to where I'm going. 

My mom used to talk about a friend she had in a city that would help me if I ever needed it.

************************************

A week later I walk up to the apartment door, knocking on it gently.
I wait a few seconds before a dark haired man opens the door.

"Hello?"

"Hi... I'm Rey Queen. You knew my mom." His eyes goes wide, letting me into the apartment.

"You're Felicity's daughter."

"My mom is dead..."

"She's dead?"

"Ya... But she said I could trust you."

"What are you doing here though?"

"My brother is in prison for a murder he didn't commit, and my aunt took my sister and I away from my father."

"What can I do?"

"You're Ray Palmer of Palmer Technologies, I'm pretty sure you have a few ideas."

"I don't think this is my business."

"Mr. Palmer, I'm very well aware of my mothers history with you, but I also know that you helped support my parents when my mom got sick. You know she's dead, you knew before I told you. In the end she trusted you, now I'm asking you to repay her. She wouldn't want her family separated like this, and the only way we have a chance is if I have a strong adult on my side that might actually care about what my mothers dying wish was." He stands there, staring at me. He appears to be in shock from what I just told him.

I continue to stand there, waiting for him to kick me out.

"Okay."

"Okay what?"

"I'll help you. I know your dad, and he loves her. Loosing her is probably one of the worst days of his life, but he will come around."

"He is, but my aunt is trying to keep us away from him. She's going to sue him for custody if he doesn't stop."

"The court usually allows you stay the parent of your choice when your over thirteen."

"Yes, but Rose isn't."

"I see. First you need to call your dad and tell him where you are."

"No. That's the first place Thea will look for me. If he knows anything they'll use it against him."

"Your mother would shoot me."

"Well then it's a good thing she can't." He shakes his head, walking off to another part of the apartment.

I set my bag on the floor laying down on the sofa.

What I said was true. My mom did tell me what happened between her and Ray, but I also know that she trusted him in the end. He wouldn't ignore Felicity Queens dying wish. That wish that her family would stay together.