Chapter 13- Distance

Oliver's POV
We stay at the Queen Manor for a few months, and I watch as Rey becomes distant. She will only come out her room for a meal and to go to school, nothing else.

Finally I decide it's time to get her help. I hang up from the phone call I just had with a doctor from Gotham known as Dr. Lee Thompson. She was someone that Diggle recommended.

Knocking on Rey's door, I let myself in when I don't hear a response.

"Rey?" She rolls over onto her other side, facing away from me.

"Rey you can talk to me." I walk over sitting on her bed.

"No."

"Sweetheart, I know what happened was scary but-"

"No dad. It wasn't just that. I knew he was gonna kill me, and the part that scares me is that I was glad. I was gonna see mom again." Tears begin to roll down her cheeks, and I wrap her in my arms.

"Your mother will always be with us. And you'll see her again one day, but not now..." I pull the small band from my pocket that I had given Felicity the day I proposed. It had been her favorite piece of jewelry.

"That's moms..."

"Yes, and I'm sure that she'd want you to have it." She takes the ring from me and stares at it.

"Pretty Boys Girl?"

"When I first met your mother, she would call me Pretty Boy." She smiles.

"I didn't know that..."

"There's a lot you don't know about how we met."

"Was it romantic?" I laugh, thinking back to when I walked into the interrogation room at the police station.

"The very opposite."

"What? Really?"

"Yep. Your mother was getting arrested for hacking my company, but I decided to hire her instead."

"Dad! You picked up a woman by not having her arrested?!"

"It seemed like a good idea at the time! And I'm pretty sure that you'd agree it played out pretty well."

"You are so weird..."

"That's no way to speak to your father young lady." She laughs, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Do you miss her?"

"Every single second of every minute of every hour of every day."

"She would want you to be happy."

"I am. I have you three." We sit there for a while, before I realize she's asleep.

"Good night Rey." I lay her down on the bed gently before letting myself out of the room.

"You're doing amazing Oliver." I look up and see Felicity standing in front of me.

"Felicity...?" I walk forwards, pretty sure I'm going crazy.

"I could've told you you were insane fifteen years ago."

"I miss you..."

"I know, but you'll see me again. You just need to be here for them right now." I attempt to cup her cheek, but she vanishes right before my eyes.

"I love you Oliver. Never forget that."

"I won't. I'll love you forever."

"Daddy!" I turn and see Rose running towards me, my mother following. I lift her into my arms, hugging her tightly.

"Hey princess..." I keep glancing at the place were Felicity was standing seconds earlier.