Chapter 18- Rosy

Oliver's POV
I sit going through emails for work, waiting for Rey to finish with Dr. Thompson.

Finally I hear the door open and Dr. Thompson exits the room.

"Mr. Queen, may I have a word?" I nod my head, following her down the hall.

"How did she do?"

"Your daughter is under a lot of stress, and it's not good for her. It's making her distant, especially after what happened a few weeks ago." I run a hand through my hair, thoughts shooting through my head.

"What can I do?"

"My best suggestion is to get her out of town for a few days, somewhere she can relax. Allow her to be a kid again."

"Of course... Thank you Dr. Thompson."

"It was my pleasure." I walk back to the room and see Rey wiping tears from her cheeks.

"Hey..." She turns to face me, immediately putting a smile on her face.

"Oh hey dad. I'm ready to go."

"Okay..." I lead her back to the car, giving her a chance to speak. She stays silent the whole way home. As we get closer, my phone begins to ring.

"Hello?"

"Oliver!"

"Mom? What's wrong?"

"Rose is in the ER, she had a seizure!"

"I'll be there as soon as I can." I hang up, immediately changing lanes, heading towards the hospital.

This can't be happening again. I can't loose my baby girl. I'm not even there for her.

"Dad? What's wrong?!"

"Rose is in the hospital." I say as calmly as possible, not wanting to panic Rey.

"What?! I knew we shouldn't have gone." She begins to pull on her hair, panicking. Her breathing is rapid as she rocks back and forth.

"Rey, everything is going to be okay..."

"It's like loosing mom all over again."

We get to the hospital, but I stay in the car. Rey is panicking, a lot.

"Rey, look at me."

"I can't loose Rose too!"

"Rey... You're not going to loose your sister. I'm sure she's going to be perfectly fine... Okay?" Right now I need to be a father for my kids. I'm not going to fall into that hole again.

Rey nods her head up and down before we head inside.

"Oliver!" My mother runs towards us, Robbie following behind.

"How is she?"

"They say she should be perfectly fine. Her fever just got too high, but they have it under control now..."

Relief floods over me, and I pull the twins into my arm.

Tears run down both woman's faces, Robbie smiling.

"Can we see her?" We are led by a nurse to a room, where Rose is asleep in a crib.

"Thank god..." Rey walks over and tucks a strand of hair out of the sleeping toddlers face.

"I told you guys she would be fine..."
************************************
Two days later Rosy is finally released from the hospital. My phone begins to ring as soon as we walk through the door.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Queen. It's Dr. Thompson, I was calling to follow up on Rey."

"Dr. Thompson! Hi... Sorry I've been kinda busy so far. My youngest daughter just was in the hospital."

"I understand completely, but I do suggest that you get time to help your daughter."

"I will. Thank you." She hangs up, and I see Rey staring at me.

"That was her, wasn't it?"

"She was just calling to see how you're doing." Rey rolls her eyes, storming out of the room. A move that reminds me so much of Felicity.