Chapter 48- Bonding

Rey's POV
It was three in the morning when I herd a stampede of bulls going through the house. At first I choose to ignore it, that is until the shouting starts, and the lights in the hall flash on, slipping under my door.

"Ugh..." I drag myself from my bed in my pajamas, heading to the hall. There I have to stifle a laugh as I see my parents running around like crazy people.

"What. Is going on here?" I ask half asleep, half trying to block the light from my eyes.

"We got a call that the baby is on its way."

"Really? Can I come?"

"Rey, honey you need to stay and watch Rose."

"They say to the girl who's studying to go to medical school." The look at each other, continuing to throw things into bags.

"Can't Robbie watch Rose?" They stay silent and I take that as, 'Rey is the responsible one.'

"Common, I just want to see my little brother or sister as soon as they enter the world." I lay on the charm, doing my best convince them to let me come with.

"Please..." I finally resort to begging them as they're about to leave.

"Rey. That's enough your sixteen years old, you can stay here and watch your sister."

"And your brother." My dad adds, making my mom elbow him. Crossing my arms I stand there as they close the door behind them.

Out of the three kids they already had, I was the most excited about a new baby. Robbie was I indifferent, and Rose wasn't really too happy with it.

"Rey?" I turn and see Rose standing there with her teddy bear, wearing her princess night gown.

"Rose, what are you doing up?"

"I heard the door... Where's mommy and daddy?" She walks towards me, and I lift her up, setting her onto my lap.

"They went to bring home the new baby."

"Oh..."

"What's wrong cheeky monkey?"

"I don't want the new baby to come home..."

"Why not?"

"Cuz then mommy and daddy won't have time for me anymore..." I completely understand where Rose is coming from. I felt the same way when my parents had her. It took a good talk with my grandmother to convince me that my parents still cared and would have time for me.

"I know how you feel..."

"Really? How?"

"When Mom and Dad brought you home, I thought they wouldn't love me anymore."

"Is it because I'm so adorable?" She asks so innocently I can't help but laugh.

"No... I had been the baby girl for so long, it took a while to realize that they had time for me too."

"It did?"

"Yep. But eventually I learned that I was a big sister, and I needed to start acting like it. I needed to set a good example, because we both know that Robbie doesn't." She giggles, a smile appearing on her rosy cheeks.

"Ya..."

"Do you feel better now?"

"Yep. Thanks Rey." She hugs me tightly, making me glad that the talk worked.