Chapter 31-Surgery

Rey's POV

We arrived at the hospital just in time to see Beck before they wheeled him into surgery. Words couldn't describe how grateful I am for helping Rose. Without him, she would be dead next week, at least now we have a fighting chance.

"There you guys are." My mother greats us, wrapping us in her arms tightly. I glance around the hospital room and notice that my little sister isn't there.

"Mom, where is she?"

"They took her for some testing, to get an idea if her body will accept the transplant or not."

"Okay..." Something always seemed to be wrong in my family. First my mom gets sick, the Rob is arrested for murdering my boyfriend, then I get attacked. Not to mention finding my mom ALIVE, and now Rosy is sick.
To say our life is crazy would be an understatement.

"Rey honey, you should sit down. It's probably gonna be a while before we hear anything." Sighing, I take a seat next to my aunt and grandmother.

I've heard from my aunt that my Grandmother never approved of my father marrying my mother. She was
an extremely prideful woman, who didn't want anyone to say a thing against the family name. Things changed though.

Apparently they all came to the hospital the day Rob and I were born, and she couldn't despise our mom anymore.

Since then the two have actually, shockingly grown extremely close. My mother still addresses her as Moira, and Grandmother calls her Felicity. I can't even imagine what the two hating each other would be like, considering they've always gotten along so well.

There was Grandma Smoak who had was now engaged to Chief Lance, which is kind of awkward for all of us, but she is happy.

"Mrs. Queen?"

"Yes?" Both my Mother and Grandmother respond, making them chuckle lightly.

"The surgery is going as planned, and as soon as it's finished Rose is being prepared to receive her first part of the transplant."

"Thank you." We sit for about another two hours, before we're told that Beck is awake in the recovery ward.

"What about my sister?" Rob interrogates the nurse.

"She must be monitored very closely for the first forty eight hours of the transplant. Which unfortunately means no one may see her..."

"Alright, can we see Beck?"

"Of course Mrs. Queen." The nurse leads the way to the room Beck is in.
My mother and I are the only ones who follow though.

My brother, the idiot, still felt threatened by our moms other son. I mean we were all over the moon grateful for what Beck is doing for Rosy. It still wouldn't make him any happier about gaining a new sibling, even though I explained the benefits multiple times.

I guess it's kind of hard though. Rob had been our mothers little boy for the first fourteen years of our lives, and then Beck just shows up. We don't even know much about him, but there was no doubt he is family... Is there?