Chapter 25- Time

Felicity's POV
I stand there holding Rey in my arms, letting her cry. I knew between her and Robbie, she was more likely to hold in her emotions after I left. She hates putting any burden on people, especially people she cares about.

At some point or another, it would come time for her to break. When she needed to let everything she held in, out.

"Rey, you are the strongest person I know. And I know sometimes all you want to do is let go, and give into the pain that you've been burdened with, but you need to fight it. I'm going to tell you that fighting makes you stronger, and life has so much more awaiting you. All that pain you feel will be worth it, and one day you realize it. Just as I did the day I had you and your brother." I gently wipe the tears away from her cheeks, and begin to lead her back to the manor.

"Felicity, Rey!" I hear Oliver about at the top of his lungs.

"We're alright! Everything will be alright...." I attempt to reassure my daughter.  She's been through more than many would go through in a life time. Now all she needs is time, to allow herself to recover from what she's been through.

Within seven months she lost her mother, her brother was arrested, her fist love killed, was nearly taken from her father, and finally got her mother back.

Rey has suffered these past eight months, but she kept it to herself, because she always wants to keep the problems away; just like Oliver when I met him.

"Rey sweetie, we need to go inside." I gently move her along, trying not to make her anymore upset than she is.

"I-I'm okay." I turn to face her again, wiping away more tears.

"Rey, it's okay if your not okay. You've been through a lot."

"If I'm not okay, then what am I?"

"Your a survivor sweetheart. You've gone through a lot, but your still here, and that's what matters. I'm sorry that I left. I should've been here for you guys when you needed me." I can't help but feel this is my fault.

Blaming yourself was usually Oliver's card, but it hurt me seeing my daughter in pain like this.

"Thanks mom. I've missed you..." I hold her in my arms tightly, thinking back to when I was going through this much pain. I had Oliver that whole time. And now I need to be here for her.

This is why I fought that cancer. My family needed me more than I know. I'm sure Oliver was doing the best he could, but raising three kids is not something you can do alone. Being back for the week, I've realized just how much they need me.

If I hadn't come back, I would've never met Beck. The son I thought I had lost.

Rey walks downstairs to her room, and I hear the door close behind her.
"Goodnight baby girl..."