Chapter 45- Reception

Rey's POV
I watch happily as my parents sway back and forth to the music, both of them moving brilliantly.

"Their vows were really something, weren't they?" I turn to the source of the voice, seeing Ben grin that goofy grin of his.

"Ya... They were..."

"Maybe someday that'll be us up there." My face must show how dumbfounded I am, since Ben begins to laugh.

"If that such a terrible thing to think about?"

"N-no. It's just... We still have time."

"Not in much of a hurry, are we?"

"No. I'm not. Now dance with me you goof." I pull him out onto the dance floor. Draping my arms on the back of his neck, while he places his hands on my hips.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look?"

"Maybe, but I didn't really hear you."

"You look beautiful Rey." I smile triumphantly, the smile only growing as I see Rob dancing with Sara. Too bad it's taken him like three years to get the guts to do it.

"Excuse me? Mind if I cut in?" I turn and see my dad standing there, doing his best to hide the disapproving look.

"Of course sir." Ben steps back and my dad steps in. I glance at Ben and see him respectfully dancing with my mother.

"I'm so proud of you Rey."

"For what?"

"For believing. For believing that your mother and I had a chance even though even we didn't."

"I know true love when I see it. You guys are the ones who taught me what it looks like." He beams at me, pride shining brightly in his gaze.

"You and your siblings mean the world to us, no matter what goes on between the two of us."

"I've lost you two before, I don't plane on loosing you again." Glancing at my mother, I see her dancing with Robbie who has Rose on his hip.

Looking around for Ben, I see him dancing with his step- mother. He honestly doesn't mind having two sets of parents. It just seems so normal for him. To live a life of luxuries with his mother and step father; then live a cozy, normal life with his Dad and Step-Mom.

"Well, I can see that my presence is no longer wanted." My Dad bows out, and I laugh.

"Dad-"

"I get it Rey. Your not so little anymore." I see the tears brimming his eyes, and I know that I will cry if he doesn't stop.

"I will always be your little girl dad, but be glad you still have Rose."

"I am. Just go have fun." He walks over to the rest of my family, but I feel someone grab my arm, pulling me into the hall.

I begin to fight them, until I realize it's my boyfriend.

"Ben! Were you trying to get yourself killed?!" He laughs lightly before kissing me.

"Okay... You're forgiven..."

"Good, or else I wouldn't be able to give you this." He holds up a small silver band, and I catch my breath.

"Don't worry, it's not an engagement ring. It's a promise."