Chapter 40- Metropolis

Rey's POV
Finally my dad comes back, a smile plastered on his face. Together the three of us walk outside of the airport, where a familiar couple waits.

"Ben!" A bubbly blonde that reminds me of my mother rubs forward hugging my boyfriend. (It's official)

"Hey mom..."

"There's the couple of the century." A tall lanky brunette ruffles Ben's hair, while he attempts to swat the older man away.

"You must be Mr. And Mrs. Allen." I go to shake their hand, but Ben's mother pulls me into her arms.

"It's so good to finally meet you!" She finally releases me, pushing her glasses back up her nose.

"Hello Oliver." She hugs my father cheerily, then the two men shake hands.

"Good to see you again Oliver."

"You too Barry. If you ever want to come back to QC...?"

"Thanks Oliver, but we're happy here."

"You're daughter is so beautiful!"

"Thank you Mrs. Allen."

"Please call me Kara, we're practically family."

"Um..."

"Mom, why don't we leave them to get settled again?"

"I don't see how-"

"We'll see you two for dinner?" Barry cuts off Kara, steering her away. 

"Of course." My dad shakes his head laughing as the three of them head home.

"Should we head to the hotel?"

"Yep. Let's go before we get mobbed by Cat Grants crazy paparazzi."

"Dad, I think you're being a bit-"

"Mr. Queen! Is it true that you and you're wife have split?!" My dad immediately shields me, pulling me into the car that had arrived for us.

"Ridiculous? I don't think so." I double over laughing as we drive to the hotel.

"What was that about?"

"Cat Grant is the queen of media. She's apart of the reason we moved back to Star."

"Really?"

"Yep. We didn't want to expose you and your brother to everything Cat threw at us."

"Who called you earlier?"

"Where did that come from?"

"Because you've been acting weird since."

"It was Laurel, Rey. The divorce papers went through. Your mother and I... We're no longer married..."

"How could she do this to us?"

"I don't know princess..."

"You miss her?"

"I do, but having you with me makes this all better." He drapes an arm over my shoulder, pulling my close, causing me to laugh.

"Dad!"

"Common, you will always be my little princess..."

"Common...!" By the time we get to the hotel, I can't wait to spend the week with my dad and my boyfriend.

"Mr. Queen we've arrived." The driver informs us, and we check into the hotel.

Being in Metropolis again has a sense of peacefulness with it, but I also have a feeling of uneasiness that's been haunting me since we got here. I just have this terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, like something bad is going to happen.

"Rey, are you ready to meet the Allen's?"

"Almost!" I turn back to the mirror, making sure that there isn't a hair out of place. Nodding in approval, I follow my dad out of the hotel room.