4. Welcome to the Family

Tyler's POV

I opened my eyes to a passed out Bella on my chest. Her arms were locked tightly around my waist and she had some drool coming out of her open mouth. I tried my best not to laugh too loudly, trying not to wake her up.

The clock read 10:30 AM and I had to get up, but I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I woke her up. She was so tired last night and obviously she still is. I left a light kiss on her forehead and tried my best to move slowly. After a few minutes I finally got out from underneath her without waking her.

I went into the bathroom to take a quick shower, praying that the running water wouldn't wake her either. I couldn't tell her where I was going and if I lie she will know immediately.

I stepped into my room to get clothes, trying to prevent my closet door from making noise, I opened it slowly.

"Babe, why did you get up?", I heard Bella's raspy voice ask.

"I have a few errands to run. Go back to sleep princess, you still look tired", I walked toward her to kiss her. I laid her back down and sat on the edge of the bed.

"You're naked Ty. We both know what happens when one of us is naked", she giggled keeping her eyes closed. She began to fall asleep again, so I took the opportunity to dress nicely before she realized.

If she saw me in nice jeans and a button down she would know I wasn't running errands. I looked at myself in the mirror, gelling my hair back and making sure I looked presentable.

I ran down the steps and moved toward the door as I heard my mom yell at me in a whisper, "Tyler slow yourself down! There's no reason to be nervous, you already know the answer." My mom placed my hands at my side and fixed a few pieces of hair just like I was 10 years old again. She gave me a tight hug and sighed.

"I love you my baby boy", she kissed my cheek.

"Mom", I groaned. "I'm 24 years old and a man".

"You'll always be my baby. Now go!", she pushed me toward the door.

My drive to Bella's parents house felt like centuries. My palms were sweating and I had butterflies in my stomach. I can't believe I'm asking her father permission to marry her.

I was not going to bail out this time. I was supposed to ask Bella to marry me in Hawaii, but I realized that I never asked her dad. Then there were multiple times for me to ask over the past 2 weeks that we spent in Brampton, yet I kept chickening out.

Next thing I know, I found myself knocking on their door. No turning back now. Mr. James opened the door and starred straight into my eyes.

"What's up son?", he questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"Can I come in please?", I ask nervously.

"Of course Tyler", he stepped aside and I closed the door behind me, following him into the kitchen.

"Soo, where's my daughter?", he was curious. I could feel the blood draining into my feet as I thought of the right thing to say. I had gone over it thousands of times, yet I'm at a loss of words.

"Umm...she's sleeping right now. I came to tell you that I really love your dau-", I was interrupted.

"Yes", Mr. James said quickly.

"What?", I hadn't even asked him anything yet.

"Yes. You can marry my daughter. Don't worry about standing here telling me how much you love her. I know that you love her just by the way you treat her. And I can tell she's completely in love with you just by the way she looks at you. You make my little girl happy." I never expected him to be so okay with me marrying his daughter.