22. Where I Belong

Bella's POV

My breaths were heavy as the plane touched down in Dallas. I'm used to having Tyler to hold my hand. I hate when the plane has to land more than when it has to take off. 

It's Saturday evening and I'm kind of nervous. A few days ago Tyler's voicemail got me thinking. I miss him, I miss him a lot. I was right when I said his voice would have me running right back to him. Tyler doesn't know I'm in Dallas, but he did say to meet him tonight where it all started. So, here I am running back to our favorite diner to meet him for milkshakes and fries.

I have a gut feeling that he will be there even though I never responded. I didn't even tell Brielle that I was coming back and I feel horrible for not speaking to her for so long.

I didn't really want to meet Tyler at home, so I dropped myself at Tori's and she drove me to the diner. I clicked the home button on my phone to see that it is 8:00. Tyler should be here any minute, unless he's here already.

As I stepped out of the car I saw his Range Rover pull up. Tori yelled good luck to me and drove away, leaving me alone to face Tyler. I don't think I'm emotionally ready for this, but physically I miss him. I need to feel his arms around my waist and his lips on mine. I needed to look into his eyes and hear him say that everything is going to be okay.

I watched as he pulled his truck into a spot a few spaces over. He jumped out looking hotter than ever, which was probably in my head considering I haven't seen him in over 2 weeks.

Tyler's eyes locked on mine and he began to smirk. Oh how badly I've missed that smirk. I want to kiss those ridiculously soft lips. Without words, we both walked toward each other. We finally came close enough to wrap our arms around each other.

My face was buried in his neck as he lifted me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his head with my fingers intertwined in his hair and my legs wrapped around his waist. I silently cried into his skin as his hands ran up and down my back. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest as butterflies filled my stomach.

"I'm sorry I left you like that", I tried to stop my tears.

"Shhh", his hand moved to the back of my head as he kissed my temple.

We stayed in each other's embrace for a good ten minutes before Tyler put me down.

"I still love you. Your stuck with me, no matter how hard you try to leave", he smirked.

"I love you too. Now stop being so cocky. Let's go inside. I need to talk to you and I want a milkshake", I smiled up at him.

This is the first real smile that I've had on my face in weeks. It felt good to be happy. I grabbed his hand and dragged him behind me.

"Sooo", Tyler started to speak for the first time since we sat down.

"Sooo", I tried not to make eye contact with him. I haven't looked him in the eyes since he stepped out of his car.

"Bella, please look at me", he pleaded and I felt bad. So, I looked up at him. We stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry", I apologized immediately.

"I hope you aren't still blaming yourself", he said sadly.

"N-no. Well yea, but I'm apologizing for leaving you. I shouldn't have run away from our problems. We should be dealing with this pain together", he looked at my small hand in his large one. He ran his fingers along my palm. I missed his hands. They were so comforting, even though they were kind of calloused from working out.

"I guess I should save the stop blaming yourself speech. But, I forgive you for leaving. To be honest I was never mad or upset with you. You did what you had to do to feel better. I love you waay too much to be mad that you were trying to take care of your self", he locked out fingers together. A huge smile spread across his face as he looked down at my ring finger. "Thank you for still wearing it", he kissed my knuckles.