16. My Fault

Please don't hate me! Life isn't always perfect...

Tyler's POV

I sat in the hallway outside of the emergency room doors with my head in my hands. If run out of tears and my eyes were completely dry. They've been running tests on Bella for the passed two hours and haven't allowed me to see her or even given me any information. Earlier I went ballistic on the doctors and nurses, but I realized that was only making matters worse.

I was really worried about my baby girl, but became even more worried when Bella passed out in my arms. I called our parents like she asked and they were on the way. Both our mothers were going to jump on the next flight to Dallas. Although, I'm not sure I can physically take the waiting any longer.

"Tyler!", I heard Candace practically yell from all the way down the hall. She ran up to me and kneeled down in front of my face. "Jamie called me. I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner. Antoine and I were on a day trip before the season starts", she hugged me and rubbed my back. "What happened Ty?", she asked after a few minutes.

"I- We- blood. Everywhere. She screamed. We thought- we thought she was just uncomfortable. But then, blood", I could barely speak. I didn't know what to say or how to say it. All that I kept thinking about was the image of her blood all over the both of us.

"Did they tell you anything yet?", she asked. I shook my head and tried not to look her in the eyes. I knew she was crying and scared, too. I told her everything she needed to know and she was still just as lost as I was.

"Tyler! Baby I'm right here", I heard the calming voice of my mother as I heard her footsteps approach me. She got here a lot quicker than I expected or maybe I just lost track of time. I didn't lift my head as I felt her wrap me into her arms, pulling me from Candace. I leaned into her and began crying again.

"What happened", I couldn't answer her question. It took everything in me to tell Candace. I couldn't bare to repeat myself. My body began to shake again. "Okay don't answer that. It's okay. Momma's always got you, no matter what", she said the same thing that used to calm me when I was a little boy.

"Mom-", my voice cracked as I buried my face in her neck. "What do I do? They won't let me see her. I need to know that my girls are okay"

I heard more footsteps and looked up to find Bella's parents. Her mom looked like she was crying and her dad looked scared. Bella's mom hugged me on the opposite side of my mom.

"Where's my daughter?", she asked me.

"I don't know. They won't let me see her or even tell me anything. I'm so helpless out here and I know nothing about the situation. Nobody is saying anything and it's not fair", I wiped the remaining tears and closed my eyes. "I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life", I admitted.

"Mr. Seguin", a doctor said from the ER doors. I looked up at him and tried to stand on my weak legs. All the blood had rushed down to them when I heard my name. "Would you like to see your fiancé as I speak to you privately. She's still asleep and in stable condition. She will wake up soon", I nodded and followed him to the room Bella was in.

I could tell something was wrong by the way the doctor looked at me. It was as if he was sorry for something. If everything was okay he would have just told me and the rest of our family.

When we entered the room I found a very pale looking Bella sound asleep in the hospital bed. She was hooked up to an IV. Her body looked exhausted due to the dark circles under her eyes. I walked up to her side quickly and placed her hand in mine, squeezing it.