23. Welcome Home

I'm sorry for such a long wait. A lot has been going on in my life.. I'll have another update by Friday!

Brielle's POV

Jamie is knocked out in my arms as I binge watch The Walking Dead on Netflix. He promised he would watch it with me, but I could tell he was exhausted. The past few weeks have been a lot more intense than usual because the Stars were making their race to the playoffs.

Jamie stirred and kissed my chest as I pulled him into me. The room was getting a little chilly with the air conditioning on, but I couldn't get up to shut it off because Jamie was on top of me. He was warm anyway, so I just snuggled closer to him.

I shut the TV because I couldn't pay attention to the show anyway. I haven't told Jamie yet, but I think I'm pregnant. This is the absolute worst time for it to happen, too. I want to be happy and excited, but I really can't be. My two best friends are heart broken from just losing their own. I want to give them more time to cope. Unfortunately, no matter how much they move on it will hurt to see me pregnant. It will probably be worse when the baby is born and I can't put my friends through that kind of pain again.
I figure I just have to relax and let everything play out. I don't even know if I'm pregnant or not yet. I refuse to take the test and I can't do it alone.

My tiring thoughts were broken by the front door slamming. Jamie jumped up, practically out of my arms. He looked at me with wide eyes and then rolled them remembering Tyler was probably just coming home. Jamie climbed back into my arms and laid his legs between mine. He placed his head back onto my chest and closed his eyes again. I could feel his heart pounding out of his chest that was leaning against my stomach.

We were finally resettled into bed when we heard Tyler walking up the step and moaning at the same time. I can't believe he has a girl in this house that's not Bella. I went to get up, but Jamie did his best not to move.

"I guess it went well", Jamie mumbled. Now I was really confused.

"What are you talking about", I asked him.

"He called Bella and told her to meet him tonight. I guess she did", he laughed.

"Ohh", I sighed being kind of upset because I miss my best friend.

I watched as the clock changed to 1 AM. I huffed and turned slightly onto my side, still holding Jamie.

He moaned like he was trying to say something to me, but couldn't quite get it out. I kissed his head thinking he would fall back to sleep. With his eyes squinted he looked up at me, "what's wrong".

I shook my head like I was perfectly fine. "Nothing. I just can't sleep", I tried to give him a believable answer.

"Ty and Bella being too loud", he joked.

"Nah, that stopped like an hour ago", I tried to joke back.

"Sweetheart, I know something is up", he was fully awake now.

"I have to pee", I said breaking out of his grip hearing him groan.

My reflection stared back at me I'm the bathroom mirror. Then, I paced back and forth. I tried my hardest to calm down, but Jamie definitely knows something. He's going to know sooner or later. Should I just tell him what I think? Yes! I can't have these thoughts all alone anymore.

I took a deep breath and held it as I opened the bathroom door. Jamie was still in bed, but he was on his stomach reading something on his phone. As I got closer the the bed I realized that it wasn't his phone. The phone was mine and I had a notification...from my period tracker app..saying I was officially 3 weeks late on my period.