21. You Make Me Happy

Tyler's POV

Morning skate was boring as usual, for me anyway. The boys were excited because tonight was our first game of the season. I jumped in the shower in the locker room knowing that I would want to take a nap the second I got home.

Usually I was beyond excited for the season to start. I'd be the loudest and most energetic at practice. My energy would spark the entire team. Unfortunately, that type of energy was no where to be found in me.

There just wasn't anything to look forward to. Bella wouldn't be there to wake me up from my pregame nap. She wouldn't be there to kiss me good luck or give me a thumbs up during warmups. She wouldn't be cheering me on from the stands. In my head, I wish to believe that Bella is sitting at home comfortable as she watched me play. I'd go to my game and would walk out of the locker room to be greeted by nobody. No great job kisses or its okay hugs. Bella wouldn't crawl into bed with me after an exhausting night and hold me. Tomorrow morning will suck the most when I wake up sore because I didn't get a massage. I'd be in physical pain, along with my heartache.

I went home and took my pregame nap. I'm starting to sleep again, but that doesn't mean I don't dream about Bella.

I woke up late and rushed to the game. Luckily the traffic wasn't too bad and I made all the green lights. But, it didn't matter to me.

As I went to enter the building, I opened the door for a familiar looking woman. She looked up at me.

"I knew you looked familiar that day in the drugstore", she smiled at me. That's right. She's the woman who suggested which pregnancy test to get for Bella. I felt my stomach turn at the thought.

"Yep, Tyler Seguin", I reached to shake her hand.

"I know who you are silly", she laughed and shook my hand. "Krista, by the way". I nodded and smiled at her.

We entered the United Airlines Center together as I grabbed the next door for her.

"So good news! I'm finally pregnant!", she said with sparkling eyes and a huge smile.

"Wow, that's great! Congrats", I said trying to cover up the fact that I was miserable. I'm happy for her, she seemed to really want to have a child when I met her. I knew she and her husband were struggling.

"Yea it is! How'd it go with the pregnancy test?", she asked not knowing how it was hurting me.

"Oh um...fine", I didn't really think I should tell this lady my problem. The media didn't find out about the miscarriage and I hoped to keep it that way.

"So your fiancé is pregnant or..", she started to ask.

"She WAS pregnant. Now she's not and she's not my fiancé anymore", I mumbled the last part

"Oh no! Tyler, I'm so sorry for bringing it up", Krista apologized.

"No, no it's fine. I need to talk to someone different about it anyway. I don't think I could even be more miserable, so it doesn't matter", I tried not to look at her.

"You look like you have a lot on your chest. I'm here if you can't vent to other people. You gave me a lot of hope that day in the drug store and I was ready to give up", she gave me a weak smile.

"Yea, well, she had a miscarriage four months in. Neither of us is taking it well at all. She left me and moved back to Canada. I haven't spoken to her in almost 2 weeks. Bella really doesn't want anything to do with me", I looked down at the ground feeling like an idiot for talking to this woman I didn't know.