Heavy Insolence

(A/N: I'm sorry. That is all.)

Levi POV

Eren hadn't called in two days.

What the fuck?

He'd been ringing up my phone from the moment I left and now all a sudden he just disappears off the face of the earth?

I paced a hall of a reserved hotel, all my conference meeting had been placed here. Turns out a TV producer wanted to make 'Truth or Lies?' into a TV series. I was honored, just preoccupied by a certain green eyed monster.

'Why don't I just call him?'

Erwin had scolded me earlier about being better at 'communication'. I was perfectly able to communicate, as long as the brat came to me first. I had ended up calling him nonetheless. But what terrified me was not only did Eren not answer, his phone went straight to voicemail.

I'd done that yesterday.

I had no other way to contact him. I was over thousands of miles away, what the fuck was I supposed to do? I couldn't concept the rotting feeling deep in the pit of my stomach. Eren and I had only been together for two months, but I felt like I'd known the kid for years, so why was there a horrid feeling in my stomach every time I thought about him.

"Levi?" I heard Erwin call from behind me.

I turned abruptly, scanning Erwin's sweaty profile with a raised brow.

"What?" I asked, my voice more sharp than I intended.

Erwin bit his lip, the action sending a panic through me. He never acted nervous. Erwin always had his cool. What could have made him of all people nervous? I saw the clenched phone in his fist. He came to me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Armin got ahold of me. Eren's in ICU with severe brain damage and fractured ribs. His mom was found dead."

__________________

Ever feel like time stops and only a single thought can run through your head?

In that moment, my life had been changed forever.

And all I could think was:

'Shit.'

__________________

I'd boarded the earliest plane possible, needing to get back to home. To Eren.

Fuck kid.

I clenched my jaw. My brain kept passing with eerie destructions of the worse for him. I fidgeted in my seat, Erwin shooting me side way glances. The waiting was killing me. This is why he hadn't called. Not because he was ignoring me. Simply he didn't have the ability to.

I was terrified. I felt the same choking feeling I did when mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. The same emptiness sensation from when she died. Eren. I couldn't fucking survive without him. He had to be alive.

"We're landing in ten." Erwin whispered over at me, glancing at my bouncing knee. My thumb kept playing with my lip, the urge to chew my nail almost painful.

I understood. Eren must have walked in on his mother's corpse alone. He had been alone. I hadn't been there, I hadn't been there to comfort his loss.

"Fucking stop it, Levi." Erwin's hiss had my eyes snapping to his.

I stared into his eyes for a few mere minutes, feeling white hot rage take hold into my body.

"Fucking stop what, Erwin? Worrying? Are you telling me to not give a shit that he might be dead?" I kept my voice calm, not raising it for a single moment. It took a deadly octave, my teeth grinding.