Reconnecting

(A/N; It's been way too long, Sorry!)

Levi

"Just give him sometime."

Erwin was talking but in this point in my life I couldn't bring myself to actually give anyone a shit.

Being in Erwin's car, the blonde brute had forced me home for a shower. I'd been stuck outside Eren's hospital door for a good week. I'd try seeing him twice. Nothing. No spark of recognition, nothing. I was becoming a hopeless mess.

"The doctor said they're going to break the news to Eren about his mom today." Erwin announced, taking a sharp turn left.

I gave a sideways glance, keeping my head resting in the palm of my hand. "It's been a week. Wouldn't that be a bad idea?" I mumbled a reply.

"It's been a week, Levi. They should have told him a while ago instead of lying to him like that. It'll just hurt all the more."

I shrugged.

"What the fuck has been with you?" I heard the frustration in Erwin's voice.

"What do you think?" I asked him, turning my full attention on the man I couldn't believe I ever wanted. He was better off my annoying friend. My eyes narrowed down at him, my stress level rising again.

"Eren doesn't remember me. He's losing his mom all over again, I'm trying, Erwin. I'm just tired."

He stayed silent for a moment. "Your thoughts are between being selfish and wanting to help." He stated matter-of-fact.

I rolled my eyes, genuinely annoyed. "How'd you figure?"

Another pause.

"When you talk about him, your thoughts all over the place. 'He doesn't remember me.' Selfish thought. 'Eren is losing his mom all over again.' Not selfish. 'Tired.' Little bit of both." Erwin parked the car outside Trost, turning his blue eyes on me. "I'm sorry, Levi."

"Don't pity me."

"I'm not. Don't give up on him. He needs you, whether either of you realize it or not. Eren loved you once, he can always love you again."

I didn't say anything. I didn't agree. I didn't disagree. I shrugged out of the car, shivering once I was into the ice cold air.

"I'll be back in an hour!" I heard Erwin shout behind me, but I didn't acknowledge him.

I rod in the elevator in silence, trying to keep my eyes from the spot Eren would be. I disregarded his floor, his old home. Since he wasn't a legal adult quite yet, his new place was still up in the air. I knew Armin and Erwin were waiting for me to pipe up and saw that he was my boyfriend and I'd take him home. I would. But I wasn't going to say anything until everything was final. The brief moments I saw Eren, he'd look at me with utter question, asking 'why is he here again?'

Why? Why was I there?

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. I would never give up on Eren. I already vowed myself to that. But this time of not working, not doing much of anything besides waiting for the one person I needed the most to wake up and realize he knew me, wasn't serving much of a distraction. Erwin told me repeatedly that he had me covered. And I was grateful, I just would have really fucking appreciate a distraction.

The elevator rung out and I swung out of it, reading down the narrow hallway for my apartment I'd seen less and less of. Clicking the door to a shut, I leaned back on the door handle, taking a large breath through my nose. Everything was in order, Eren hadn't gone and wrecked the place. The place was cold, the air completely still. Then a rustling noise had my heart jump into my throat. My apartment had house security. Only a few of closer people to me knew the passcode.